City set to dominate Utd for a generation

Very interesting article, from an Irish publication no less, that shows how City have built a foundation for the future, and Utd have screwed up their Fergie succession.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/so...ng-before-pep-guardiola-arrived-36463351.html

The Future is BLUE, and the Blue Moon is Rising!

I like that he sees The Little One as their long term solution. “Save our Peg” is clearly gaining traction.

Not a brilliantly crafted article though, as already suggested. Possibly written by one of our own lesser lights, cunningly repeating the 659 million supporters bollox as cover.

Last edited:
We're not doing too badly in the PL at the moment all the same though are we, a coats?

true this season but united are still hanging around like a bad smell and they are not a great team in anyway shape of form but some how they are still in the 3 big competitions ok maybe the premier league is over for them but the fa cup and champions league are seen the big 2 and can make or break clubs seasons and managers jobs

so the dominate the english game and united is a joke really and united will take there ball home if little old manchester city took over in england as top dogs i even think they are plans in place in the back ground for a change being call for by united and the so called big clubs in europe for the european super league to be formed if manchester city did ever dominate on both fronts and it will pop its ugly head up again with united being the main preachers for change

We have dominated these ****s for the last 40 years but I have always been a little biased :)

While I abhor the rags and everything they stand for, I think they'll stay relevant as long as they keep coughing up dough. Surely they will fix their full back problem and sign another record-breaking attacker next summer. It's gonna be hard to see them miss any more Chimp's league especially since Arsenal and Liverpool are more likely to implode into mediocrity. With that said, they are still and will always be scum of the earth.

Recently returned from new york. Those thinking football is a big deal out there are miles off the mark. (Not city i mean the whole sport)
1.bought a sunday paper.20 pages of sport.there was ONE PARAGRAPH on football.It was regarding messi's new contract at barca.
2. Sports shops.Went in loads. Saw one city away shirt on sale and one utd boys home shirt on sale that was it for the prem.A slightly bigger effort for national teams plus the odd barca/real knocking about.
I just dont see it taking off the way people hope it will. I want to be proved wrong but having seen it with my own eyes only 6 weeks ago i dont hold out much hope.

I think you're wrong about this actually, we're not there yet but football is definitely becoming a big deal here. When you read stories of the huge growth we've had what you have to remember is that we were starting from pretty much nothing football-wise. When I was growing up you played soccer as a young kid until you were big or coordinated enough to go play baseball or (american) football, there was a non existent domestic league, and no real way beyond some TV channels you didn't get to watch European football. It was a complete non-factor.

Now, our demographics are changing, immigrants from Latin and South America are the largest growing populations in the country, american football is going through an unprecedented concussion and TV ratings crisis, and NBC (one of our four major broadcast networks) has Premiere League rights where we can watch every single game and Fox is starting to show Bundesliga from next season I believe. Beyond that, you can go to pretty much any major city and find a bar showing games each weekend morning catering towards whichever team you support (including the City outpost here in New York, The Mad Hatter... let me know if anyone is ever in town and wants to catch a game) and just in normal conversation and whenever we go out, people talk about the Prem, which I promise was never the case before, ever. I can think or four or five places off the top of my head where I can get a City top within 30 minutes. Domestically even the MLS averaged 22k in attendance this year, which is pretty good for a league that no one had ever heard of or cared about five years ago. It's still a niche, but we're also a country of 330 million people, it still a little hard to find but definitely there.

true this season but united are still hanging around like a bad smell and they are not a great team in anyway shape of form but some how they are still in the 3 big competitions ok maybe the premier league is over for them but the fa cup and champions league are seen the big 2 and can make or break clubs seasons and managers jobs

so the dominate the english game and united is a joke really and united will take there ball home if little old manchester city took over in england as top dogs i even think they are plans in place in the back ground for a change being call for by united and the so called big clubs in europe for the european super league to be formed if manchester city did ever dominate on both fronts and it will pop its ugly head up again with united being the main preachers for change

You have just produced the longest sentence in the history of the English language.

That's a good point and I was probably thinking along too narrow lines, although containing the media streaming market clearly isn't straightforward.

Indeed but it's possibly the ultimate big money spinner that would go some way to keeping the old powers happy as they will benefit most. As they still run the game....

Park life.

I would imagine the far eastern rags have no problem in buying snide gear and console themselves with the fact,
that the football club has been buying snide players for the last few seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.