City Sponsorship and Investment Abroad

supercity88

Not sure where to post this but if anyone can advise or help it would be much appreciated...

Just returned from a trip to Senegal and the Gambia and stumbled across a football academy in the Gambia run by a local guy called Julius. He has kids from all ages playing in various leagues and trains them all himself twice a day. The reason I stopped to chat is that all the kids were wearing City shirts from years gone by. He said he supported City and it was a good way to get the local kids together. I got chatting about the possibility of City somehow directly helping him out, whether it be through sending some kit out there or with some donations, and was wondering if anyone had any advice/contacts etc that can help me try and organise something. I must say these kids were fantastic but lacking that expert coaching and often making poor decisions, pace, power and technique was all there in abundance. Was quite surreal seeing a bunch of Africans from quite poor backgrounds playing football in old City tops but would be great if the club could support them in someway.

I will post a picture tomorrow, I forgot to bring the camera into work today to upload it...

Any ideas?

supercity88 said:
Not sure where to post this but if anyone can advise or help it would be much appreciated...

Just returned from a trip to Senegal and the Gambia and stumbled across a football academy in the Gambia run by a local guy called Julius. He has kids from all ages playing in various leagues and trains them all himself twice a day. The reason I stopped to chat is that all the kids were wearing City shirts from years gone by. He said he supported City and it was a good way to get the local kids together. I got chatting about the possibility of City somehow directly helping him out, whether it be through sending some kit out there or with some donations, and was wondering if anyone had any advice/contacts etc that can help me try and organise something. I must say these kids were fantastic but lacking that expert coaching and often making poor decisions, pace, power and technique was all there in abundance. Was quite surreal seeing a bunch of Africans from quite poor backgrounds playing football in old City tops but would be great if the club could support them in someway.

I will post a picture tomorrow, I forgot to bring the camera into work today to upload it...

Any ideas?
echoes of sierra leone :/

Tell me more...

Done some searching on google... so a similar story - seems like things became complicated there!!!

supercity88 said:
Tell me more...
City sent a load of kits off to this fan in Sierra Leone (Armand?) and basically a load of bollocks ensued with a rival team and he's in court facing trumped up charges, even though his accuser keeps failing to turn up and the case keeps getting put back, ycmiu! Somebody else will be able to tell you more I don't know all the details.

supercity88 said:
Tell me more...

A fella doing his bloody best to help kids and keep footy on the level is or was being screwed over.
Last i remember some woman who had government links had all their kit taken of them for her club or something.
Either way some woman over their needs a good fucking kicking and so seemingly do half the government.
More may have happened but i am not up to date.

TCIB said:
supercity88 said:
Tell me more...

A fella doing his bloody best to help kids and keep footy on the level is or was being screwed over.
Last i remember some woman who had government links had all their kit taken of them for her club or something.
Either way some woman over their needs a good fucking kicking and so seemingly do half the government.

I am sure someone posted on here all charges had been dropped.

mad zab said:
TCIB said:
supercity88 said:
Tell me more...

I am sure someone posted on here all charges had been dropped.
Good news if so, TCIB you're right about the kicking.

TCIB said:
supercity88 said:
Tell me more...

Just looked into it - yeah looks like despite City having video evidence of sending boots and kit over, a rival club called the police and claimed they were stolen and the guy is in jail. Absolutely ridiculous. If anyone has an email contact for the right person at City I will try and get in touch with them, do something small scale first - politically the Gambia is quite stable so I would hope and expect everything to be a bit more straightforward there - but you never know. I want to help the guy out, but it's so difficult when things like this happen. I'm conscious that if I ask for other people to send their old shirts over, and something like this happens then it can put people off for life. If City help more directly at least they have more power and weight over things.

Ahh that is good news zab, shame isn't it Aguero, operation Barras/certain death was seemingly useless.
We get rid of one set of tyrants and more fill the void, damned shame for the kids who just want to play footy.

TCIB said:
Ahh that is good news zab, shame isn't it Aguero, operation Barras/certain death was seemingly useless.
We get rid of one set of tyrants and more fill the void, damned shame for the kids who just want to play footy.
You'd think the fools might realise that if they want to stay in power and have stability, the cornerstone of stability is a fair, equal and sensible Justice system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.