City the first billion euro club

Saw this headline on SSN earlier and, I have to say, I agree whole-heartedly.

Gary Neville explains why Manchester United are on right track under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

giphy.gif

Billion euros isn’t it?

Edit. Just seen your edit.

Annoys me they’ve used current value and yet made it sound like we’ve spent that.
They dont even make is sound thay way, they specify in the second line that how much wever spent then go on to insinuate its how much each squad is worth. Bullshit of the highest order.

since the Abu Dhabi group takeover in 2008, spent (1.014bn/£906m) on their current players

We've spent a lot but how is this calculated? Expenditure, value, something else?

It's sad to see BBC Sport have become click-bait merchants under Dan Roan's editorship. A huge backward step for them and I think it's best for all parties if he's quietly moved on.

So is it how much they cost or their estimated present value? WTF are transfer indemnities?

If any outraged poster would kindly clarify, I can then decide whether to be outraged or not.
Can anybody explain what tfr indemnities are?
We've spent a lot but how is this calculated? Expenditure, value, something else?

It's sad to see BBC Sport have become click-bait merchants under Dan Roan's editorship. A huge backward step for them and I think it's best for all parties if he's quietly moved on.
In this context, I assume they mean player valuations for loss protection (current player values, again, in this context), as opposed to transfer expenditures (initial player cost based on transfer fee, which is also a very simplistic way of looking at initial cost for a real financial analysis).

The issue is CIES reference both in the article, so who knows what they actually mean.

They dont even make is sound thay way, they specify in the second line that how much wever spent then go on to insinuate its how much each squad is worth. Bullshit of the highest order.

since the Abu Dhabi group takeover in 2008, spent (1.014bn/£906m) on their current players
I can’t for a second believe that our current squad cost £906m

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.