City - the future - our owners!

tolmie's hairdoo

Firstly, apologies for not posting this in the mammoth Stadium/Las Vegas thread, did not want this to get lost.

All I can say is I have been buzzing since this was told to me yesterday evening - from a VERY strong City contact.

As far as they have been made aware, Manchester City for world domination may not be so far from the truth!

A stadium in excess of 65,000 seats...and here's the kicker....

The vision is to give football back to the working class people of Manchester.

By that, I am told we are wanted to be shown as an example to the rest of the Premier League and the footballing world.

The cheapest tickets by a very long way, subsidised heavily by the grander plans for development.

We have been looking in particular at the German model of pricing for games, also with regards combining match tickets with modes of transport, Metrolink and busses.

Season-tickets that could be as little as £200 quid a pop, match tickets for a tenner, OAPS, Kids, every facet of this is being looked at.

Thousands of extra seats to schools and low income parents of Manchester and the surrounding areas, to encourage a new generation of support, combined with the ramping up of the current City in the Community and Live for City initiatives.

A drive to ensure Manchester City are the club every youngster in the area will dream of wishing to join.

The club have had people doing forecasts and costings on our support and what we will be able to attract.

I am told they are mightily impressed with some of the projections, and crowds akin to that lot across the road can and will be matched.

Our owners see the role of the British government in this as vital.

That clown Brown was pretty much blown away by what was outlined.

As for our stadium, it will cease to exist as we know it. An icon every bit as identifiable as the Bernabeu and Camp Nou, using the latest techniques.

A vision document has pretty much been completed in the last couple months, as a result of the 14 month fact finding tour made by us.

I don't have anything more to add, only that I was proud to hear the way our owner Sheik Mansour and Khaldoon want this club to be preceived in the generations to come.

A club with a winning mentality, but one that respects the culture of the game, its fans, and the history of our great club.

They want to give the entire City of Manchester a sense of pride in the club, and leave a lasting legacy.

Oh, and those people who laughed at Garry Cook's outspoken comments back in January in New York.

I admit I cringed at the time, but I have been left in no doubt whatsoever that Cook and us will be the ones to have the last laugh.

Take this seriously, the supposed plans floating out there at present, they don't even scratch the surface.

Personally, I am in a rush to get there, tomorrow. But if I have to wait a little while longer, that's cool by me, they know they we will succeed.

That is all.

If only a quarter of the rumours coming out of the club were true, there would still be something absolutely mind-blowing happening to God's Own.
And the idea of bringing everything back to basics (working class roots and all that) is a simple but effective way of building up the club's profile.

Made the hairs stand up, the youth are the future.
Would be nice to get fans back who can no longer afford it.

i really hope this is right tolmie, but is your contact taking a risk spilling the beans bearing in mind the clubs apparent anger at the 1 billion investment of last week

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.