City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club keep changing the criteria for the ticket exchange, this season 6 games can be exchanged, last season all of them. Out of the next 3 home games, I'll only be able to attend the Huddersfield match and as I've already used up my ticket exchange quota and my City supporting mates pool is limited, i have no one to take up these tickets, resulting in an empty seat that I'm sure could be used.

So you've missed at least 6 league games, plus two upcoming games for a total minimum miss of 8 out of 18.

Why do you have a season ticket? I note you'll make the Huddersfield game (when we lift the trophy of course) and I'm sure you made the United game as well.

Is it purely because you're scared of missing these kind of games?

I'm not having a go, just wondered :)

I'll think most of the people you speak about did have a season ticket when we were shit.
Kick off times weren't all over the place when we were in the old 3rd division.

They may well have done.

I'm saying that when we were shit, people wouldn't have got a season ticket if they thought they would miss loads of games due to work, travel/location, weather etc. That's why sold out games didn't have empty seats all over the place.

Nowadays some fans get one purely to guarantee a seat for the big matches (which they can always make), rather than by on a match by match basis because they're scared they won't get a seat for it without a season ticket.

What a load of tosh!
So is a family wedding a good enough reason for the club to say OK?
A childs illness
you could go on and on and the club are to make a decision in every case?
Come on - get real!

Do you have 19 family weddings a year? Would that stop you passing your ticket on to a mate or listing it on the ticket exchange?

If a childs illness forces you to miss most of the games then yes I'd suggest that would be something the club would use their discretion for.

It's very simple. We do what Liverpool do and put away games to a ballot - 2 per person based on allocation.

That way, it's not always the same closed shop, getting decidedly older and nobody getting an opportunity.

20,000 'loyalty' points my arse.

I've been going for 38 years and have 9,000 'loyalty' points as I can only attend home games.

Its vindictive because it punishes people who have paid for tickets and for reasons beyond their control cant attend games.
It also means that people who have irregular hours of work are punished for having to work at short notice.
It also punishes people who cant rearrange the rest of their life to cope with TV changes

I am probably one of the no shows in your eyes. I will have attended only 14 games this season (73%) with my £299 season ticket. Of course I should be punished missing games when my dad died or when my daughter had a heart attack. What a little fucker I am supporting my family. I should have just fucked them off at those times shouldnt I or been charged more for my ticket next year

JCL? Is that Johnny come lately, you condescending little ****.
I could tell you about having a season ticket for the last 30 years, even though I have lived hundreds of miles from manchester for the last 23.
I could tell you about the first game I attended in 1977 with my dad and my grandad.

I wont fucking bother though, just invite you to the south stand on sunday and we will have a little "chat".
You cant miss me, I am the 48 year old 6'3" 20 stone ex boxer.

Good post. I enjoyed reading it, the last line made me smile.

The club keep changing the criteria for the ticket exchange, this season 6 games can be exchanged, last season all of them. Out of the next 3 home games, I'll only be able to attend the Huddersfield match and as I've already used up my ticket exchange quota and my City supporting mates pool is limited, i have no one to take up these tickets, resulting in an empty seat that I'm sure could be used.

Mate, there is tons of buy and sell pages for city tickets, lads queuing up for swansea and brighton and others. Just phone city and they will issue e-tickets, get some money back for your ST, a fan gets to attend, etihad is full, Winning all round. PM me and ill add you in. 8k on the page.

So you've missed at least 6 league games, plus two upcoming games for a total minimum miss of 8 out of 18.

Why do you have a season ticket? I note you'll make the Huddersfield game (when we lift the trophy of course) and I'm sure you made the United game as well.

Is it purely because you're scared of missing these kind of games?

I'm not having a go, just wondered :)

Missed more than 6 games because i joined all the cup schemes and have paid for tickets when i couldnt attend. This is mainly down to changing from self employment to being employed and having to do as im told. Also each home match for me is a 450 mile round journey. At the moment it costs me around £21 a month for my season ticket (after previous ticket exchange balance has been deducted ), if i were to give that up and only attend occassional matches it would cost £56 per game, so it makes sense to keep the ticket on.

I will be at Huddersfield as i'm on annual leave and i had a great 45 minutes against United, but it took a lot of begging and favours to get to that.

Do you have 19 family weddings a year? Would that stop you passing your ticket on to a mate or listing it on the ticket exchange?

If a childs illness forces you to miss most of the games then yes I'd suggest that would be something the club would use their discretion for.

Maybe I didn't articulate my point very well.
We have circa 30,000+ season ticket holders. In that lot there will be a lot weddings, illness, funerals, school sports days, holidays etc etc etc.
The club would need an army of administrators to deal with it each week.
Also, a lot (if not most) season ticket holders just wouldn't / couldn't be arsed contacting the club and effectively showing them a note from their mum as to why they can't attend the game on that particular day and hope they accept it as a valid reason. It's madness to think otherwise.
Its just a completely unworkable system / solution.

It's very simple. We do what Liverpool do and put away games to a ballot - 2 per person based on allocation.

That way, it's not always the same closed shop, getting decidedly older and nobody getting an opportunity.

20,000 'loyalty' points my arse.

I've been going for 38 years and have 9,000 'loyalty' points as I can only attend home games.
So the fans who have been going to away games for years miss out? Seems extremely unfair to me.

How would you like it if all home match tickets went to a ballot regardless of how long you had been going? you would be a bit sick if you missed out on the big high demand games.

The loyalty points system is the fairest way of allocating tickets, admittedly it does appear that some abuse it and the club should stamp this out and remove points from the culprits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.