City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably not the right time to post this.

But don't ever tell me a 20,000+ single tiered stand behind a goal doesn't make a difference.

Regardless of what happened outside the ground, and to the City coach, the atmosphere inside Anfield was brilliant.

And it was started and driven by the KOP, with the 3 other stands joining in.
Your right it's not the right time.
I expect guys on half a million a month to give their best whether I sing or not.

Not bothered if we don't win the atmosphere cup again .

Cheap season tickets behind the north stand goal with safe standing would absolutely make a difference. Shift the family section to a different part of the ground as it’s currently and end of the stadium that is never going to generate much atmosphere.

A single tier North Stand - renamed the Aguero Stand - for obvious reasons - with all tickets circa £300 would be a real positive. If chunks of it could have rail seating for safe standing in the future even better. The present South stand can have away supports on the east side, corporate in the middle and a cheap family/schools/community section in the centre and the west. I guess justifying the building cost is the problem because of the soft demand any changes are going to need cheap offerings that won’t vastly increase matchday revenue - but longer term I guess it’s about building the brand. We can fill a £60 odd thousand seater stadium but it needs the right strategy and a long term approach that would cement City into the community and really make us the Manchester club. We shouldn’t be embarrassed to give every Manchester schoolchild the chance to attend one of our games - we should be proud to do it.

A single tier North Stand - renamed the Aguero Stand - for obvious reasons - with all tickets circa £300 would be a real positive. If chunks of it could have rail seating for safe standing in the future even better. The present South stand can have away supports on the east side, corporate in the middle and a cheap family/schools/community section in the centre and the west. I guess justifying the building cost is the problem because of the soft demand any changes are going to need cheap offerings that won’t vastly increase matchday revenue - but longer term I guess it’s about building the brand. We can fill a £60 odd thousand seater stadium but it needs the right strategy and a long term approach that would cement City into the community and really make us the Manchester club. We shouldn’t be embarrassed to give every Manchester schoolchild the chance to attend one of our games - we should be proud to do it.
Good point re the school kids. My wife works at The Christie in Withington and they often get given tickets for free or at discounted rates for staff members. What annoys me is that wankers on the radio or in the press have a go at City for this, saying they are doing it because they can't fill the ground so make it sound like a desperate measure by the club to get people in. Actually, this is what a fucking proper football club should be doing - giving back to the community not just focusing on the money side of it! I don't think my wife has ever mentioned an offer of tickets to go to the rags (not that I would), which says a lot really.

Think the best we could hope for is a 2 tier North Stand, not that I know what I'm talking about but I don't see how we could have a single tier without closing the north Stand and building a single tier from the pitchside up. I am happy to be corrected though. But can't see that as an option.

Good point re the school kids. My wife works at The Christie in Withington and they often get given tickets for free or at discounted rates for staff members. What annoys me is that wankers on the radio or in the press have a go at City for this, saying they are doing it because they can't fill the ground so make it sound like a desperate measure by the club to get people in. Actually, this is what a fucking proper football club should be doing - giving back to the community not just focusing on the money side of it! I don't think my wife has ever mentioned an offer of tickets to go to the rags (not that I would), which says a lot really.

Couldn't agree more, it's a really nice gesture by the club to do this for the staff who are doing such an important and worthwhile job. I also think it' because the club aren't money driven and invest heavily in the community, as opposed to certain clubs that rinse their fans.

Wankers!

Still treating football fans like Children and 2nd class Citizens.

The Government have once again blocked Safe Standing at English Football grounds.

Tracey Crouch. I bet She really knows about and understands football.

Another, yes Minister, doing as She is told by those above Her, and probably in conjunction with the Dinasours who are running football in this country.

Tracey Elizabeth Anne Crouch[3] MP (born 24 July 1975) is a British Conservative politician. She is Member of Parliament (MP) for Chatham and Aylesford

IMG_2555.jpg

West Brom have had a proposal to introduce safe standing at The Hawthorns rejected by the government.

The pilot scheme would have meant 3,600 seats in the Smethwick End were converted to 'rail seats', which can be locked in an upright position.

West Brom - who are bottom of the Premier League - hoped to install them in time for next season.

Sports minister Tracey Crouch says there are no plans to change the all-seater policy at football stadiums.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43701400

Everybody is already standing you daft Cow! The only difference being, safer rail seating! FFS, is that really that hard to understand and to get your head around???

trying to make a name for herself.
how they consider safe standing any less safe than other seating is beyond belief.
Yes minister

The thing I don't understand about the whole debate surrounding "safe standing" is the home hardcore area and away section stands up anyway.

The status quo is actually more dangerous than what is being proposed. It's about time football administrators and politicians wise up and accept this. Although I do think a lot of clubs have given up with persistent standing and would rather have purpose built safe standing areas.

the media could be play a role by showing what happens now, UNSAFE standing is happening all over the place, just as it has since the introduction of this unwanted, unjustified knee-jerk of an act of parliament.
Any law that is broken on a national scale, that achieves the opposite of it's purpose and is impossible to enforce anyway, tarnishes all laws. And the out of touch undemocratic system that enables it to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.