City to have fourth kit next season

Building the brand is every top club’s raison d’etre these days and I presume bringing in new fans is a big part of this.

So isn’t that best served by City being as recognisable as possible ? Wearing our famous sky blue shirts as often as we can is surely the optimum way to increase brand awareness. Having 3 or now 4 different strips dilutes the recognition factor. If you see Real Madrid playing in white you know it’s them but how many people know their away kit.

And in terms of shirt sales isn’t the market finite ? People will either buy a home shirt or one of the away shirts, only a tiny minority buy both so trotting out yet another kit can’t produce much more revenue if any.

All that said, guys with much more astute business brains than mine make these decisions and they must have a large body of evidence to support these moves so I guess it makes sense.

We already have FIVE shirts a season ... the three that we see on the pitch, a fourth that is the eSports one which that team wears while they play video games (yes, that actually happens and yes we have an official eposrts team where we actually buy these players and pay them too) and then the fifth that comes out now annually for the Chinese New Year. However only THREE remain the main ones that are used by the (men's) first team on the pitch, which will change to FOUR now ... (actually women's team has already wore a fourth on the pitch - the Chinese New Year one this season).

What I heard (before today's leak) is City wanting to become the first team in England to come out with two home shirts and two away shirts (one set for the league and one set for the cups -or- a Domestic / Europe divide or something). United and Liverpool have also floated the idea previously as well, and I think we're trying to get ahead of them two and be the "trendsetter" ... when third kit came out, it was for supposed colour clash situations (but we were the first ones to start calling the the cup-away shirt to differentiate from the league-away), now welcome a cup home in addition to the league home short as well ... two sets of sky blue home shirts to buy now along with the away and third (or will that be called fourth now )
Don't forget to add the training tops too.
Thank god for DHGate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.