City TV - Next Season

Impeccable

Only just noticed this on the 'Be Connected' section of the OS Membership pages...

New ways to keep up with City.

As our football reaches new heights, we’re determined to find new ways to bring you closer to your club.

Next season our digital programme will be a cross-platform match day publication, bringing you unbeatable news, features and interactive content via social media platforms, mobiles and tablets. (For the traditionalists, ‘City’ will still be available in good, old-fashioned print.)

City TV is also being transformed into a scheduled online TV channel with exclusive programming, the latest goals, player interviews and video archive on demand. All available 24/7, across all platforms. And completing the digital picture, your Membership card will once again unlock fantastic Augmented Reality experiences and competitions throughout the season.

How will this differ from what we currently access?

lancs blue said:
At a guess, a dedicated website for City TV separate from the OS. Maybe access to it will become part of the membership package?

So what about all these millions of people around the world, ie Asia etc, who they want to tap into? They won't have a membership package.

The club stated how proud they were of the fact that they were offering a FREE unrivalled service. Or so I thought.

Impeccable said:
lancs blue said:
At a guess, a dedicated website for City TV separate from the OS. Maybe access to it will become part of the membership package?

So what about all these millions of people around the world, ie Asia etc, who they want to tap into? They won't have a membership package.

The club stated how proud they were of the fact that they were offering a FREE unrivalled service. Or so I thought.

I would gladly pay for a service like that from the club! And I am sure others outside of the UK would feel the same way. Until then though I'll just enjoy the free stuff!

Impeccable said:
lancs blue said:

Well maybe it will still be free to all, I'm only speculating. But a dedicated website must be likely for a 24/7 channel.

Live academy and reserve games a possibility?

tumblr_m3thrqqYOo1qfssyl.jpg

I can't see the club charging for this content, I mean wasn't this the whole point of opening up the Youtube channel, to gain more viewers?

Unless you can charge people to watch content on Youtube?

I wouldn't pay for it...

Why Always Ste said:
I can't see the club charging for this content, I mean wasn't this the whole point of opening up the Youtube channel, to gain more viewers?

I wouldn't pay for it...

The City channel on YouTube does not show any action from the Premier League games, thus the content cannot be the same.

When it comes to CityTV, I trust the club to do what is right, and for the product to be of excellent quality.

Manc in London said:
Why Always Ste said:

I wouldn't pay for it...

The City channel on YouTube does not show any action from the Premier League games, thus the content cannot be the same.

When it comes to CityTV, I trust the club to do what is right, and for the product to be of excellent quality.

Oh Ok....

What I dislike seeing is fans literally begging City to charge us more money for services.
I mean sure we have to meet this FFPR bullshit, but not everyone has deep pockets.

As I said - I wouldn't pay for this, and as my seasoncard increases I'll probably no longer be a SC holder in the next 5 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.