City U12s won the tournament In Mallorca

That is quite remarkable. Not sure what to say other than wow. It is the maturity in their play that is so impressive. Tracking runners, marshalling out for goal kicks, patience on the ball, tracking players and not all ball chasing. For that age group they are already a million miles ahead of where other kids will be. Playing football the right way but also playing with that wisdom - not diving in etc that normally doesn't come until players have chalked up a few years at senior level.

Can City win the World Cup in 2022? These kids will be around 18-20years old and may well be stars by then.

supercity88 said:
That is quite remarkable. Not sure what to say other than wow. It is the maturity in their play that is so impressive. Tracking runners, marshalling out for goal kicks, patience on the ball, tracking players and not all ball chasing. For that age group they are already a million miles ahead of where other kids will be. Playing football the right way but also playing with that wisdom - not diving in etc that normally doesn't come until players have chalked up a few years at senior level.

Can City win the World Cup in 2022? These kids will be around 18-20years old and may well be stars by then.

I said earlier on that Dykes dream of winning the World Cup in 2022 might not be a pipe dream like everyone makes it out to be.

Looking at those kids in the video it does make you think England has a promising future, but even now England seem to be on their way to producing more technically gifted players as we have seen with Barkley, Sterling, Morrison, Stones, Shaw, Ward-Prowse to name a few.

I think in time England will catch up and we will have our day.

These are the ones that are going to be our real academy stars, who've had years of the best development we can possibly provide in our own style. I know people get downhearted that our academy project hasn't already produced elite players but it's those that are coming through in 5 years or more than will show the fruits of our labour.

MC ID said:
These are the ones that are going to be our real academy stars, who've had years of the best development we can possibly provide in our own style. I know people get downhearted that our academy project hasn't already produced elite players but it's those that are coming through in 5 years or more than will show the fruits of our labour.

I agree, I think we have seen with our U14s winning the championship for two seasons in a row now that it's our younger generations that look the most promising.

This is a mix of the under 11s and U12s. (Born yr 2002). All local bar one . The one is reynas son who plays occasionally in tournaments (good player)

From what I can tell this 2002 group is very highly regarded as is the U11 group outright . Some proper hardcore blues in there too.

To be honest the opposition wasn't the best but the U11s have been doing that to Academy teams as well this year ( winning with 12/13/17 goals) . The A squad is undefeated apart form a couple of futsal games) . A great team building week for the lads and a few beers for the parents who went (we pay our own way before anyone asks).

Net biggie is U11 national finals in may . Tough opposition in arsenal , Chelsea, Liverpool , Ajax , barca . Proper test

11 a side next year will be a challenge as we ain't the biggest team , all very technical , patient and passers

I’m a new account here so scrolled to the bottom of some of these threads to see what I could unearth. Seems this was quite a prediction, this is the group who won the PL2 last year, Harwood Bellis, Palmer, McAtee, Fiorini and Hodge all can be spotted in the video. You can tell the style of football has been coached right through and that them dominating teams at that young age didn’t slow down.

[youtube]

CUARTOS DE FINAL S-12
ATº CIDE - MANCHESTER CITY F.C.

City U12s 15 - 0 ATº CIDE U12s

I can't believe it. Look at this video. City U12s players are looks like football genius all of them.

What a skillfull, technical......Impressive about City youth academy....Bright future for English football.

Had Paul Moulden in as a ringer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.