City u18s 2-0 Stoke City

twosips

Another thoroughly enjoyable game following on from the EDS' dismantling of Boro last night. This should have been 4/5 too. Easy. Brilliant display from all involved and finally got to see Jadon Sancho stepping up a level and he was very promising...

Another thoroughly enjoyable game following on from the EDS' dismantling of Boro last night. This should have been 4/5 too. Easy. Brilliant display from all involved and finally got to see Jadon Sancho stepping up a level and he was very promising...

Only just read this, heartening stuff, in the aftermath of the first team debacle, thanks for another great report.

Cheers gents. The most encouraging thing for me about the weekend's academy games was that the players that stepped up the age groups (Will Patching & Lukas Nmecha are both just 16 still and shone for the u21s, and Tom Dele & Jadon Sancho 15 and looking great for the u18s) didn't look fazed at all. Absolute supreme talents that are only gonna get better.

The EDS game was the first time i've seen Patching give the impression that he could be a genuine real star. He's always looked good but i'd never seen him grab a game by the scruff of its neck before and take control like he did that day.

Exciting stuff. Dele-Bashiru was so unlucky with that shot against the post, and Sancho is already making great strides and looking like the real deal - although it's too early to say, obviously.

I'm far more excited about the crop of Patching, Nmecha, Sancho, Brahim and Dele than the ones already above them, which is ridiculous when you think we've got Barker, Bryan, Ambrose, Ntcham plus more ahead of them.

My dream starting line up in seven years would be:

Gunn
Maffeo, Humphreys, Denayer, Dehaney
Patching, Wood
Sterling, Brahim, Sancho
Nmecha

It's a total pipe dream BUT if they reach their potential then who knows.

As always sips it's great you do this.

I was wondering, it always appears that we have an incredibly young squad but I was wondering if other clubs are much older? Or are many actually similar to us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.