City v Boro post match

Taking navas offf and leaving that side open was the first mistake,he was doing great job pinning the guy back who put in the cross,as you say clichy doesn't jump,he really hasn't been great for ages

Watch the goal again Boro got lucky that pass was going to City player till it deflected of Garciai it was ging nowhere near the full back

As someone mentioned - we need a couple of guys who can dribble which draws these type of belligerent blockers out of their formation -- I like the term Pep used to describe how this sort of mentality makes him, (and I hope all who love football), feel..."sad..."
We do need someone that can dribble, and am looking forward to seeing three from Jesus, Aguero, Sterling, as a front three. But yesterday Boro did come out in the second half and we created two chances to finish the game that we should be scoring at least one of.

Take your point but didn't feel the same after Soton' result nor Everton - I don't feel either of these two came with the same game plan as Boro's. i.e. death to football!

You maybe right about Boro, but the onus is on us to break these teams down , and they didn't try to kick fuck out of our players as some do. We simply aren't scoring despite creating enough chances and I'll bet that Pep is upset and will working on solutions.

Teams wouldn't play like they do against us at home if we regularly found ways to beat them. We had a few chances to kill the game and got punished for it.I don't think we were robbed,they deserved a point as did Southampton.
Correct, they were the better team second half, far better and more direct than our ponderous side to side passing.

Lots of excuses being offered, but the fact is over the last 5 league games, we have same form as united, and worse than Watford, Burnley, and Stoke, as well as all those above us, and Spurs and Arsenal.

As PB says the one thing we really lack at times, especially in games like yesterday is mental strength, many of the same players letting Pep down, as let Pellegrini, and Mancini down.

One other thing that annoys me, and its been consistent through all three managers, our useless corners, throw ins, and generally speaking free kicks, especially from wide.

We do need someone that can dribble, and am looking forward to seeing three from Jesus, Aguero, Sterling, as a front three. But yesterday Boro did come out in the second half and we created two chances to finish the game that we should be scoring at least one of.
The best dribbler we have in the squad is Sterling and he was rested while other older players like Fernandinho and silva weren't. Think Sterling would have mullered the boro left back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.