City v Boro - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan23

Listening to Edghill's weekly slating on GMR
Already buzzin' for this one. The confidence will be high and the fans should be in great spirits. Could be a real party atmosphere on Saturday if we get a couple of early goals.

Hopefully Fernandinho will be fit for this one. Despite being extremely confident we can't forget they nearly turned Arsenal over at the Emirates the other week.

Seeing as we've got no game for 2 weeks its best 11 possible imo

Would love to see

............................Bravo...........................

.....Stones.......Kompany.....Otamendi......

Sterling....Gundogan.....Fernandinho...Nolito

................De Bruyne.......Silva...........................

............................Aguero.................................

Hopefully see Sane and Kelechi come on at some point

We need to get revenge for the infamous Save our Sven game.

Bravo
Stones
Kompany
Otamendi
Fernando (if Dinho isn't right)
Gundogan
Sane
Silva
De Bruyne
Nolito
Aguero

Would like to give Raheem a rest and Sane a run to acclimate more. Would also like to see perhaps Stones or Otamendi rested, despite naming them.

3-0.

Bravo
Maffeo-Otamendi-Kompany-Clichy
Fernando-Garcia
Navas-Silva-Nolito
Kun

Bench: Gunn, Kola, Stones, Gundogan, KDB, Sane, Iheanacho

I'd give Sterling and Dinho a breather.

After the cup defeat 2 seasons back their travelling fans were amongst the worst I've ever encountered. I know you expect them to be on a bit of a high but they were awful, calling our team prima donnas, our home atmosphere shit (can anyone tell me if the Riverside has much better?) I want us to obliterate them on Saturday with an Etihad record breaking score.

Our league (and 1 league cup) results directly after Champs League games (inc. qualifiers) in the last 3 seasons + this season:

13/14 : P8 W6 D0 L2
14/15 : P8 W4 D2 L2
15/16 : P12 W5 D4 L3
16/17 : P5 W3 D1 L1

Interestingly, of those 33 CL games above, City have been at home 17 times; P17 W12 D3 L2

pretty awesome

Last edited:
Would almost be tempted to see Garcia and Maffeo start. Think Maffeos pace and work rate would do well against a team trying to hit us on the break, though Pep may go 3 at the back because of this.

Likewise Garcia has shown to be crisp and effective at transitioning play and shielding the back line. He passes so quickly and so accurately I think that'd really help us against a defensive unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.