City v Brighton post match thread.

Have to say I totally agree with you. The football we have seen this year and thousands can’t be arsed turning up. And not saying most didn’t stay but even more surprised to see people fucking off and not taking the opportunity to say goodbye to a true legend. Rant over.
The rail strike probably didn't help on that front.

Enjoyed last night's match, think it would have been too one sided if the full team was playing, at times when they were playing to get Yaya a goal it was entertaining in its self.
Once he was subbed you could see the speed of the game went up a level and had it been longer we would have exhausted them and scored more, will miss the big man but we are super fast when the younger lads are playing.

Never usually pisses me off, but last night was an embarrassment in terms of the crowd.

Thousands of empty seats for the final home game of an incredible season where we could say thank you to this amazing team and say goodbye to Yaya.

I'm pretty sure those same people would have used the tickets they had bought in advance if the title was still to have been decided.

I just don't get it.

I think the main issue TH is that our stadium and the surrounding routes are an absolute nightmare to get in / out of, in particular a work day.
Also yesterday their was another train strike so thus this meant additional cars on the road.
Manchester's infrastructure and transport is a joke and is getting worse year by year. This is not the club's fault but I know from speaking to a lot of fans that they reluctantly shun some midweek games as they are not getting back until very late and have to get up for work early in the morning.
I am hoping to get a season ticket next season but not sure whether I would want to go to midweek games for the reasons above.
I don't think it's people not wanting to go it's just all the chaos, inconvenience and ball ache of navigating through a traffic clogged congested city.

Sorry I didn't go, but I'm saying my thanks next Monday night if that's OK ? I didn't fancy getting home at 2am, next Monday I'm staying overnight, don't know if my seat was empty or not, it was available free though.

I did get home at 2 a.m. but wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to do same. It's usually nearer 1 a.m. but the Yaya stuff and having to take a sizable detour to avoid an overnight closure of a section of the M6 made it later.

Last home game of the season, Yaya's goodbye and chance to see history made meant I wanted to be there but I can't always make it midweek; although we always try to make sure our seats are filled.

No need to be defensive about it, we are literally talking eight or nine thousand on a consistent basis, however.

That's a situation personal to you, as was my decision to attend and stay behind to say goodbye to Yaya, even though I knew it would mean walking back to Piccadilly Gardens, waiting for a subsequent tram, another connection at Cornbrook, and then a walk from my nearest tram stop to be home and in bed for half eleven.

I consistently leave a couple minutes before the final whistle to avoid the above usual hurdles.

I just felt last night was the final opportunity for the majority to support the team in action and say thank you, and there is clearly a lack of numbers for us to be ever thinking about extending the stadium beyond its current capacity.

I hate night games with a vengeance due to how awful it is to get home but I just had to be there last night to say goodbye to Ya Ya. I too was pretty shocked at all the empty spaces. I guess most felt they had paid tribute on Sunday to the team.

I was one of the last to leave and could still get on a 216 to Piccadilly so there was no need to walk. I had to wait until 23:20 to get a 263 to Altrincham as tfgm has decided to cut out the 22:55 service, thanks for that. I swear they think everyone who lives in Altrincham is minutes walk from a tram stop or can afford the additional cost of a taxi to get home the tossers. I got home ten minutes past midnight after walking the last mile in the rain.

For supposedly the third/second city in the country our transport system is abysmal.

I think the main issue TH is that our stadium and the surrounding routes are an absolute nightmare to get in / out of, in particular a work day.
Also yesterday their was another train strike so thus this meant additional cars on the road.
Manchester's infrastructure and transport is a joke and is getting worse year by year. This is not the club's fault but I know from speaking to a lot of fans that they reluctantly shun some midweek games as they are not getting back until very late and have to get up for work early in the morning.
I am hoping to get a season ticket next season but not sure whether I would want to go to midweek games for the reasons above.
I don't think it's people not wanting to go it's just all the chaos, inconvenience and ball ache of navigating through a traffic clogged congested city.

I do get all that, I do. I face the same dilemma in terms of mustering the motivation to get to midweeks.

My only argument was that last night was the final home game of the season and Yaya's final game, so I felt compelled to pay my respects.

The traffic is awful, particularly getting to the ground for a night match. We took the option of being early.

The traffic is awful, particularly getting to the ground for a night match. We took the option of being early.

I work in the centre of Manchester and live in Urmston, often the best way home is if I run the 5 miles, assuming I don't get the tram.
That sort of sums up how bad it is at times.

Perhaps instead of fancy drawings to extend a stadium we can't seemingly fill on a consistent basis, for whatever reasons, the club would be better served having a conversation with the council about what investment would be required to totally revise the flow of numbers to and from the ground, whether that be road closures back towards town which would only allow buses, or a shutdown of some parts of the Metrolink network for an hour after matchdays, which in turn would facilitate more trams being actually in use where they are needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.