City v Bristol City 1st leg post match

Also as for their "great fanbase" "great following" etc bullshit. It was a massive game for them. Massive, massive game. We sold our 4000 ticket allocation within a few hours (season ticket holders only) for Stamford Bridge last season in the 2nd round of the EFL Cup (only lost 3-2). We would have took many, many more if we had more tickets or it went past season ticket holders. Even some season ticket holders missed out. Their ground is a fucking library week in, week out so they hd a cheek singing that to you last night and the biggest match at Ashton Gate in a long time and they haven't even sold out (they will now as they are still in the tie).

I don't want to sound bitter as they are doing well on the pitch. But off the pitch they lack class and are fickle, obnoxious ****s. I'll enjoy the hammering in the 2nd leg.

Seems they are the Dipper team of Bristol.

just a shame really you never mentioned who you'd of played at left back im curious
i bet another we should play kids moaner
For the sake of not having back up left back, id play a 3-5-2.

Stones - Aday - Mangala

Danilo and Zinchenko as wide wing backs

That way if Zinchenko is exposed, mangala would back him up. Instead we played a 4 at the back and when mangala had the ball on few occasions he ran out of ideas because Zinchenko was already playing in that false midfield role. And one of reasons why Bristol City got the goal.

In what way was Yaya awful? I saw him sat in midfield, always showing for the ball and nearly always finding a blue shirt.

Mangala and Stones both fucked up for the penalty but that aside, were hardly the disaster being painted by some on here.

Gundogan played well enough and remember him against Burnley were he got similar criticism and his contribution then?

Bernardo again was always available for the ball and a world class ball helped us to win the game so again, not great?

Good job we didn’t play Arsenal or Chelsea? I keep reading rubbish like this. We didn’t play them did we? We played Bristol City and beat them 2-1 so what’s your problem and why try to create and non existent scenario or argument?

It’s similar to the “play like that 2nd leg and we are out” bollocks.

Play like that we win the game again no doubt and go through.

Horses for courses......
Yaya is so slow it doesn't matter what quality he has on the ball. City's Per Mertsesacker

Mangala...What can I say thats not already been said .Thing is he reads the game well ,its just when he has time to think and play the ball his arse drops out.Time to go son.Umtitti Martinez McGuire in that order....................................................................................................................... ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. and if we must JFE in that order

Couldn't disagree more fella.

There's a reason why we have a sports science department and pay Pep £15m per year to make this sort of decision. Your comments are just so old school.

This "injuries can happen any time" stuff is bullshit. They are far more likely to happen when a player is in the red zone and not had time to fully recover and we have ONE fit striker. Lose him and we are fucked across all comps for now.

This arrangement of words is not wholly incompatible. I doubt that Stones, Mendy, Jesus were entrenched in the 'red zone'!. As for old school, yer dead right, SWP - one of my treasured badges!

One fit striker? One fit centre forward perhaps, but one of the main characteristics of the team this season is that the goals are spread, we can 'strike' from several quarters!

I'm having some difficulty understanding the absolutely damning tone of some posts on here. By God, do we think we have a divine right to win games?! Bristol City came and they gave it a go. On the way to us, they've beaten Watford, Stoke, Palace and United. They are anything but Charlies. They didn't clog us anything like as much as some PL teams that we've had to encounter recently, and they didn't particularly park the bus either. Credit to them.
I can't see what Bravo did wrong – he did what he had to do – and he in no way resembles the keeper that we had to endure last season. His distribution was generally better than at any point last season, and his quick ball out to KDB in space played a major part in our equaliser. He also got bloody close to that penalty. He's not Ederson. Who is, at present?
About Mangala almost nothing more needs to be said. We need to go and get Jonny Fucking Evans (yes, even him!). Or someone.
Sané is a constant threat, even when his game is somewhat off. Same with Sterling. I'd play them every game if I could.
What hugely impresses me about this team is their ability to plug away right till the end. We've seen this over and over this season. That is why I'm sure they'll win trophies.
Onwards to Anfield.

This arrangement of words is not wholly incompatible. I doubt that Stones, Mendy, Jesus were entrenched in the 'red zone'!. As for old school, yer dead right, SWP - one of my treasured badges!

One fit striker? One fit centre forward perhaps, but one of the main characteristics of the team this season is that the goals are spread, we can 'strike' from several quarters!
Then surely your last line completely blows all your other posts out of the water?????

You say other players can play as a 9 and score goals, but as soon as one does then you complain as it doesn't work as well. If Aguero can't be rested at home against a Championship side then we have no chance playing without him or Jesus away at Anfield.

Stones was in the red zone, hence the muscular injury. The red zone affects that, not ACL/MCL's. It's why there was a 46% increase in soft muscle injuries across the PL in December from November.

We Won so will have to be a lot sharper At Ashton Gate
Tbh Thought Mangala was awful

If there was any remaining doubt Mangala should remain part of plans then last night confirmed exactly why he should not, so uncomfortable on the ball and giving the ball away too often , this is not part of the blue print. That said his strength his arial and he did win some important headers but long term that is not sufficient.

I had really hoped he would improve, like Delph, however despite initial signs he has regressed badly, you could argue Stones has made 2 big mistakes in last 2 games and looked a bit more like last season, but had Mangala not messed up JS would not have had to make that challenge and JS brings a whole lot more to the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.