City v Bristol City 1st leg post match

Thankgod you won. Make sure to put out a stronger side at Ashton Gate so you can hammer them.

My thoughts as a Bristol Rovers fan:

Bravo - Dodgy, bought for his distribution but makes me nervy on the ball. Made one really good save though.
Mangala - Awful, absoltuely awful. Doesn't fit Guardiola's style of play at all and not worth 30p let alone £30mil. Big error for the goal.
Stones - Liability. He has potential but ponders too much on the ball at times. At fault for today's and Saturday's goal.
Danilo - Disappointing, looked shaky, grew into the game though
Zimichenko (however you spell it) - ok

Toure - Slows things down and doesn't look overly interested
KDB - Class, class and class. Without him you could have lost.
Gundogan - Poor last night but I think he is a good player.

Sane - Not the best of nights but still a very good player.
Bernardo Silva - Disappointing. Not sure about him.
Sterling - Too selfish all night.

Aguero - If he had started then could have been a cricket score.
Walker - Pace was threatening when he came on.
Bristol is blue and white,just like Manchester.

On reflection maybe things weren’t as bad as they first seemed last night.

My biggest gripe as ever is that we don’t put away the chances we’re presented with. We did more than enough to score 3 goals in the first half, add to that the times Leroy got to the line and pulled a ball back but no one was there to receive it.

And whilst some credit should be given to Bristol, they did still park the bus, especially in the 2nd half where any problems they caused us were mostly of our own doing.

Before the game I wanted Pep to go big and get the tie finished. With a full strength side I’m confident we’d be going to their ground with a 3 or 4 goal cushion and no hope for them.

Also as for their "great fanbase" "great following" etc bullshit. It was a massive game for them. Massive, massive game. We sold our 4000 ticket allocation within a few hours (season ticket holders only) for Stamford Bridge last season in the 2nd round of the EFL Cup (only lost 3-2). We would have took many, many more if we had more tickets or it went past season ticket holders. Even some season ticket holders missed out. Their ground is a fucking library week in, week out so they hd a cheek singing that to you last night and the biggest match at Ashton Gate in a long time and they haven't even sold out (they will now as they are still in the tie).

I don't want to sound bitter as they are doing well on the pitch. But off the pitch they lack class and are fickle, obnoxious ****s. I'll enjoy the hammering in the 2nd leg.

If aguero started and got injured everyone goes mad.
We have got the dippers at weekend .
Who are fighting for 6th with the shit

Anyone can injured at anytime. It's an occupational hazard. Guardiola might be the top coach but he, nor us, are fortune tellers. If a player plays and gets injured he gets injured. It's tough witty, but FFS we need to play players who can win us the game. I still maintain that had Aguero started, and had we upped the game a notch then, penalty and the Alty Tit aside, the game wouldn't have needed chasing in the second half. Injuries can happen anytime, on the ball, off the ball, in the warm up. We shouldn't be wrapping players in cotton wool 'cos there's another game at weekend. We could have got turned over last night with or without Aguero, and if he starts on Sunday we could get turned over in that game! Yer buy the asset, yer play the asset!

You wonder if by leaving Aguero out Pep was sending a message, because without another forward coming in were screwed infact the mentality of starting the home leg minus your only front man,when the idea is to build a lead is baffling ,Have to give BCFC full marks for tonight and if we go there with anything but our strongest team we will struggle.. infact this competition has proved in depth we are not as good as you would like to think we are

Anyone can injured at anytime. It's an occupational hazard. Guardiola might be the top coach but he, nor us, are fortune tellers. If a player plays and gets injured he gets injured. It's tough witty, but FFS we need to play players who can win us the game. I still maintain that had Aguero started, and had we upped the game a notch then, penalty and the Alty Tit aside, the game wouldn't have needed chasing in the second half. Injuries can happen anytime, on the ball, off the ball, in the warm up. We shouldn't be wrapping players in cotton wool 'cos there's another game at weekend. We could have got turned over last night with or without Aguero, and if he starts on Sunday we could get turned over in that game! Yer buy the asset, yer play the asset!
spot on

Couldn't disagree more fella.

There's a reason why we have a sports science department and pay Pep £15m per year to make this sort of decision. Your comments are just so old school.

This "injuries can happen any time" stuff is bullshit. They are far more likely to happen when a player is in the red zone and not had time to fully recover and we have ONE fit striker. Lose him and we are fucked across all comps for now.

In what way was Yaya awful? I saw him sat in midfield, always showing for the ball and nearly always finding a blue shirt.

Mangala and Stones both fucked up for the penalty but that aside, were hardly the disaster being painted by some on here.

Gundogan played well enough and remember him against Burnley were he got similar criticism and his contribution then?

Bernardo again was always available for the ball and a world class ball helped us to win the game so again, not great?

Good job we didn’t play Arsenal or Chelsea? I keep reading rubbish like this. We didn’t play them did we? We played Bristol City and beat them 2-1 so what’s your problem and why try to create and non existent scenario or argument?

It’s similar to the “play like that 2nd leg and we are out” bollocks.

Play like that we win the game again no doubt and go through.

Horses for courses......
What ever happy pills you are on I will have some. Taking so many positives from shit performances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.