City v Celtic - Pre-match thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Mancini Manus Domini, 1 Dec 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mancini Manus Domini

Mancini Manus Domini

I'm thrilled we have made the knock out stages with a match to spare. We can now rest players who desperately need it, and go again in the Premiership. But having paid for two tickets to this game I'm wondering what others attending the match feel about it now and the potential side we put out?

For me I think it's a great chance to try our youngsters in a type of game they will not have experienced before. And it could tell us a great deal about who might cut it.

How far would you go in picking a youthful side and as a paying fan would you mind not seeing many first teaamers?

2. its a Barm

its a Barm

It's not a big game anymore so for me play all fringe players and rest others.

3. Manchester_lalala

Manchester_lalala

Nothing game.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Ric

Ric

It's a dead rubber, but I'm looking forward to seeing the likes of Angelino, Maffeo, Adarabioyo and Iheanacho get some game time.

5. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

6. domalino

domalino

Sané too, really want to see him start another game.

I wonder if he'll even play Gunn. I doubt it, but he did say in the summer that all 3 keepers (i.e. Including Gunn) needed to play games.

7. jonah62

jonah62

We have Leicester (a) following the Celtic game and they are in the same position as us, in that they've qualified already and are in the position to rest key players, ready to face us.
    I hope Pep goes for a youthful side with a smattering of experience. My team would be

Willy
    Maffeo
    Sagna
    Toisin
    Clichy

Fernando
    Garcia
    Delph (if fit) Diaz if not

Navas
    Kelechi
    Sane
    What have we got to lose,Celtic at best would be lower premier league,and i'm sure the crowd would give full positive vocal backing to our future players, irrespective of the result.

8. Hungarian blue

Hungarian blue

And Sane, don't forget Sane. :)

But Tosin is a good shout indeed. With Kompany out, and Stones/Otamendi/Kolarov playing quite a lot of games recently, not to mention Tosin's contract issues... Sounds like the perfect opportunity to actually start him.

9. MarsLlama

MarsLlama

Iheanacho
    Sané Navas
    Nolito Gundogan
    Fernando
    Clichy Kolarov Stones Zabaleta
    Bravo

10. Blue Til Death

Blue Til Death

I could be wrong but doesn't beating Celtic Improve our coefficient in the CL standings? If so its worth City putting out a decent team. Beating any team Brenda manages will always be worthwhile as far as I am concerned. Hopefully Pep will balance this with ensuring we are strong at Leicester on the 10th December.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.