CITY v Chelsea - Official Match Thread

Freestyler

I'll just start by adding, due to popular demand and me always predicting the right scores i thought i would get the wigan game in first before anyone else last week as it's been a while since i made one!.........well as you've probably seen i predicted 2-0 city!........ so on that note i'm getting this one in early now.

Great result at Wigan, another cleansheet and another comfortable performance, never really looked like we were in any danger and still haven't conceeded a proper goal from open play.

chelsea are a team where we can play to our strengths, they will attack, plenty more space on the pitch and more areas for us to hit them with, no parking the bus like wigan, blackburn etc...

Not much different on the team selection side, Milner has had 2 bad games IMO, thought he was bad against rovers and against wigan he didn't do much, i would keep silva in for that creative spark which we had today and give Johnson a start in a much needed wing attacking play, regardless of how much Milner costs, there's no reason why he shouldn't be on the bench, silva can play inside, he can swap with johnson, theirs plenty of options available.

Boateng should be back hopefully, i don't think i can stand another game with DJ richards at RB, overall i'm really really confident about this game!

here's my team:

----------------------Hart

Boateng-----Kompany-----Toure----Zabaleta

--------------------De Jong

Johnson---------Toure----Barry-----------Silva

---------------------Tevez

CITY 2-1

Freestyler said:
I'll just start by adding, due to popular demand and me always predicting the right scores i thought i would get the wigan game in first before anyone else last week as it's been a while since i made one!.........well as you've probably seen i predicted 2-0 city!........ so on that note i'm getting this one in early now.

Great result at Wigan, another cleansheet and another comfortable performance, never really looked like we were in any danger and still haven't conceeded a proper goal from open play.

chelsea are a team where we can play to our strengths, they will attack, plenty more space on the pitch and more areas for us to hit them with, no parking the bus like wigan, blackburn etc...

Not much different on the team selection side, Milner has had 2 bad games IMO, thought he was bad against rovers and against wigan he didn't do much, i would keep silva in for that creative spark which we had today and give Johnson a start in a much needed wing attacking play, regardless of how much Milner costs, there's no reason why he shouldn't be on the bench, silva can play inside, he can swap with johnson, theirs plenty of options available.

Boateng should be back hopefully, i don't think i can stand another game with DJ richards at RB, overall i'm really really confident about this game!

here's my team:

----------------------Hart

Boateng-----Kompany-----Toure----Zabaleta

--------------------De Jong

Johnson---------Toure----Barry-----------Silva

---------------------Tevez

CITY 2-1
That's the team I'd go for, maybe with Adebayor to come off the bench for one of the 3 CMs if we need him, and we've always got Milner to come off the bench and play on the left with Silva in the middle...

1-1.

stealing the team from km09 as I think it will defo be what Roberto picks.

____________________________Hart___________________________________

Boateng___________K.Toure_________Kompany__________________Bridge___

__________________________De Jong__________________________________

_________________Y.Toure_____________Barry_________________________

__________Silva_____________________________Milner__________________

__________________________Tevez___________________________________

gutted not to include AJ, though.

-------------------hart---------------------
Boateng-----Kompany------K.Toure---------Bridge
--------------Barry-------Y.Toure--------------
Johnson--------------Silva-----------------Milner
--------------------Tevez----------------------

1-0 City. De Jong 30 yard piledriver in the 90th minute....I wish (and do hope)

But in all seriousness. I think we'll be the first team not to concede to Chelski. I reckon it's gonna be a tough one, but I think our defence will sort them out. De Jong is gonna be the most important man on the pitch for me, this fixture last season he was immense! We've just gotta wind up Drogba and take out Malouda. I'm not fussed on the team, I would like to see Adebayor start and help out Tevez though. I'm going 1-0 with Milner the goalscorer

I honestly believe we can win this game , but playing against Chelsea they can create something out of nothing so we need to be on the ball , we cant lose focus as if we do that it may cost us the game . Malouda has to be restricted but with micah at right back it does worry me as malouda will have him most times . Drogba needs to be seen to but if the defence lay like they have all season , excluding the blackburn mix up we should sort him out . PLus Kolo knows him quite well , as does yaya so . I would like to see us play with two strikers this time give chelsea a bit more to think about , but i expect us to go with one upfront again , we did it last year why not again this year. Blackpool had a few chances yesterday despite the scoreline , most teams lose to chelsea out of fear and never score out of fear and thats how chelseas defence come off good , truth is it is quite poor . Terry has lost it , alex isnt top quality . Ivanovic can bee seen to by AJ and ashely cole gets forward alot so we should try to hit them on the break . If we want to win this game , its there for the taking , but we need to give them our full support like last time they came . We shit them up and set the place alight and inspired our team to a fantastic performance and win .

-------------Hart------------
Zaba--Kolo--------Vinnie--Bridge
-------------NDJ--------------
------Yaya--------Barry-------
Silva--------------------Milner
------------Tevez-----------

Id prefer AJ over silva due to premier league experience and due to his confidence but I think Silva will get the nod .

Key Man : De Jong

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.