City v Chelsea Post Match Thread

RandomJ said:
steviemc said:
RandomJ said:
Injuries don't help but that is what Pellegrini gets paid the amount of money he does to make the most out of the players he has available. The squad out there was good enough to at least get a point from that game had Pellegrini got his tactics right.
You can select the best tactics in the world, but the players have to still deliver. The team as a whole didn't do that - not the tactics.

Oh come on. The manager is not exempt from criticism. He got schooled by Jose tonight plain and simple. 2 in midfield was suicide, leaving Dzeko on, making only one sub when we were screaming out for another midfielder. Jose set his team up right, got the goal and shut up shop and Pelle didn't have an answer.
Strikers still have to put the ball away. We were second to every ball tonight, tactics have cock-all to do with that. Chelski played better than us, stop looking for a scapegoat every time we don't play well.

gazinho said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
Chippy_boy said:
Has ANYONE any idea why we made only one substitution?

Hmmmm madness .... was crying out for Milners energy to match them - You think Pellegrini would have learned from the Bayern game at home - to try and play 2 in midfield and 2 up front with Demichelis aginst a highly motivated Chelsea with bodies in midfield is absolute lunacy - Yaya must be furious!!!

The only reason I can think was Milner still wasnt/isn't 100%

Anyway about tonight they were good we weren't shit happens we move on to an important game away at Norwich on Saturday

Should have taken Dzeko off when it became blindingly obvious he couldn't score in a brothel tonight. Should have tried *something* when it so obviously was not working. I'd rather we lost having tried everything rather than just lost.

Deserved by Chelski, although gutted for Manuel that he didn't out-do twat Mourinho.

Poor by Nastasic, Demechelis and Dzeko, as you would pretty much expect. Put Sergio, Fernandinho or even Garcia in there instead and I think we would have had a different game on our hands.

Fuckin gutted...

The Chavs were just better than us, tactics triumphed over pragmatism at the highest level. They were set up better than we were, they were 1st to every ball and 1st to every 2nd ball too. Maureen has been on this all week and what we failed to do today was to match them stride for stride with effort.

Yes we were missing Milner, Garcia, Nasri, Aguero & Fernandinho but tactically we were just out thought and out fought. I just hope we draw strength out of this defeat and realise we are not unbeatable. We also need to remember we'll only get out what we put in and tonight we didn't put enough in to warrant a win.

Perhaps now those of us who think we'll stampede Barca will now think again. The Chavs are nowhere near as dangerous as Barca in attack but tonight (especially at the end of the first half) they made us look like a Sunday League team in defence. I've said it before and I'll say it again, outside of our 1st 15 we are weaker than most think we are and today proved that point.

Finally, I fuckin hate Mourinho the steaming piece of dog-shit!

Demichelis was poor in holding midfield. Kompany could have done a decent job there & put Demichelis in the back four.

MDM instead of Milner, sorry but no. Not a bad game quite enjoyed it but Peli ballsed up there though, MDM next to Kompany, Milner in the middle different game. It looks like Peli cant out tactic that smug cheapo muppet from the financially sound Chelsea,

We missed Fern and Nasri tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.