City v Everton 1900hrs 03/03 (Live on FB channel)

Matt Smith probably MOTM,Diaz not at his best but still showed his usual industry and box of tricks.

Matt Smith is a diamond! Still only 17, plays full back, defensive midfield and I think loves to play a more expansive midfield role but wherever he plays he gives you everything and very often competes for MotM as he did tonight.

Diaz might not have been at his best because everything he tried didn't come off but he was the main threat to Everton all night and let's not forget he is about 4 foot 6 inches tall and they were mostly giants. Scored one and assisted with the other aint half bad. Sancho struggled tonight but it was against 2 or 3 most of the time and Everton were in park the bus mode plus was he reall playing as a wing back? Tough role for him which I felt inhibited his natural aim of taking people on. He was better in the 2nd half and great that he scored yet again.

Really good win and if certain Everton players are't going to play ay this level anymore I cans ee them struggling to hold top spot. Tom Davies, Holgate and a striker all elevated to the first team squad and may stay there.

Quote from Everton's forum:

I assume they fall under stereotyping people because of their surname:
Gunn
Latibeaudiere
Adarabioyo
Humphreys
Smith (Welsh)
Nemane
Boadu
Sancho
Grimshaw
Oliver
Duhaney
Nmecha

Just in case they're lurking on here that's 12/16 in the matchday squad. Only Kongolo, Diaz, Fernandes and Ambrose aren't 'British'.
Every time we play there are shed loads of neandathals (SP....Drink induced) who come out with this shit.

It's the same with the fb comments ....Is Jesus playing? Etc.

The general public both home and abroad are thick as pig shit.

Gunn
Latibeaudiere
Adarabioyo
Humphreys
Smith (Welsh)
Nemane
Boadu
Sancho
Grimshaw
Oliver
Duhaney
Nmecha

Just in case they're lurking on here that's 12/16 in the matchday squad. Only Kongolo, Diaz, Fernandes and Ambrose aren't 'British'.
I had a quick check and from both squads yesterday:

Everton
Mateusz Hewelt - Polish
Antonee Robinson - USA
David Henen - Belgium
Beni Baningime - Congo (eligible for England)
Bassala Sambou - Germany (eligible for England)
Harry Charsley - ROI (depends on your point of view)
A couple (?) of Welsh lads in there too.

City
Kongolo - Holland
Fernandes - Spain
Diaz - Spain
Ambrose - France

With scousers, if your name isn't Jonjo or Johnpaul then you're classed as a foreigner.

Went to this game last night. My first EDS game and really enjoyed it.

Everton were poor and lacking any threat going forward but City's back 3 were very good.

In the second half City's class and pace up front paid off with 3 goals in 10 minutes. Everton only really showed anything going forward at 3-0 down and obviously went into the game looking for a 0-0?

City were a lot better when Ambrose came on and Diaz dropped back into the no. 10 role where he is best suited.

Gunn
Latibeaudiere
Adarabioyo
Humphreys
Smith (Welsh)
Nemane
Boadu
Sancho
Grimshaw
Oliver
Duhaney
Nmecha

Murkyside (aka Candlepool); the land that time passed by. Now there's nothing wrong with being thick (I should know!), but they give thick a bad name.

To be fair I understand that one, when you first hear it, it sounds as French as they come but he's part of a very talented group of English players U18. For me he's more promising than Adarabioyo or Humphreys off what i've seen this season and I still rate those 2 highly as well.

There is a wealth of talent emerging at all levels over at the Academy. If five or ten percent continue in the same vein and develop then we'll have some cracking players!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.