City v Leicester

Watching those highlights of Palmer suggest he's been watching Mahrez (the best bits) in training!

He's learnt that body feint and inside hook that you know is coming but is so hard to stop. His feet on his first goal are something else.

Another gem.

I am fed up with people bleating on about Judas Sancho. The overrated twat isn't good enough to get in our team now, let alone back then when he was 17. I pray to God that United sign him; it would be like spending 100 million on Peter Beagrie. Even better our cut would be 15 million.
I can't see Sancho as a Judas, it's not as if he was at City from being 8 or 9, we poached him from Watford at 15 so we can hardly complain that he buggered off again to where he thought he'd be better off.

I can't see Sancho as a Judas, it's not as if he was at City from being 8 or 9, we poached him from Watford at 15 so we can hardly complain that he buggered off again to where he thought he'd be better off.
True. He did what was best for him.

I agree with the rest though.

(apart from Peter Beagrie was a miles better crosser of a ball than Sancho & I would love to have a modern day version).

Watching those highlights of Palmer suggest he's been watching Mahrez (the best bits) in training!

He's learnt that body feint and inside hook that you know is coming but is so hard to stop. His feet on his first goal are something else.

Another gem.

This looks like a real crop of genuine potential players. They are better than most of the others who are older than them.

They are all good footballers including the defenders. They all work hard.

Crucially imo, the best ones are not small & short of a yard of pace, which became our identikit future 'star' young player for a while. It seems now that the penny has dropped: It turned out that no matter how skilled & clever they are, if they can't run & can't battle, they can't play for us.

These are mostly decent physically & can keep pace with opposition, or better, & it appears, intelligent on the ball.

You can see the lad we 'stole' from PSG, who is obviously a talented lad but why would anyone pick him, if we have a faster 6 foot player who is just as good at everything he does ?

Palmer, Doyle,(when played in a more attacking role) Delap already look first team ready, physically.

The one who frustrates me is Nmecha. I think he has absolutely everything needed to play for City, but often when I see him play, he just seems to fuck about.

Excited about these lot.

This looks like a real crop of genuine potential players. They are better than most of the others who are older than them.

They are all good footballers including the defenders. They all work hard.

Crucially imo, the best ones are not small & short of a yard of pace, which became our identikit future 'star' young player for a while. It seems now that the penny has dropped: It turned out that no matter how skilled & clever they are, if they can't run & can't battle, they can't play for us.

These are mostly decent physically & can keep pace with opposition, or better, & it appears, intelligent on the ball.

You can see the lad we 'stole' from PSG, who is obviously a talented lad but why would anyone pick him, if we have a faster 6 foot player who is just as good at everything he does ?

Palmer, Doyle,(when played in a more attacking role) Delap already look first team ready, physically.

The one who frustrates me is Nmecha. I think he has absolutely everything needed to play for City, but often when I see him play, he just seems to fuck about.

Excited about these lot.

I know what you're saying about Nmecha. But to be fair to him he had a serious injury and has probably had a lot less football than most others in the past two years.

However, he does have that style about him where you feel he could be doing more and dominating the game.

Let's see how he gets on. You can clearly see how much training with the first team has benefited those with high potential.

I also agree on the point about attributes. It's been obvious that the 'wonderkids' we were bringing in were never going to be suited to top level / PL football due to their physical limitations.

The likes of Pozo, Juan Roman, Manu Garcia, etc, etc, were just too one-paced and weak, despite their obvious talent with the ball. Delap, Palmer (even Torres) are clearly the types of players we should be focusing on and at the moment that change is paying dividends.

Bernabe will be gone and even that new left back Larios (although too early to tell) will likely follow the Angelino path. He looks lightweight.

Excited about these lot.
I agree,he's far too casual.If he doesn't get his head down he is only going to stagnate,he needs to be letting Pep know he's around or request a loan.

I know what you're saying about Nmecha. But to be fair to him he had a serious injury and has probably had a lot less football than most others in the past two years.

However, he does have that style about him where you feel he could be doing more and dominating the game.

Let's see how he gets on. You can clearly see how much training with the first team has benefited those with high potential.

I also agree on the point about attributes. It's been obvious that the 'wonderkids' we were bringing in were never going to be suited to top level / PL football due to their physical limitations.

The likes of Pozo, Juan Roman, Manu Garcia, etc, etc, were just too one-paced and weak, despite their obvious talent with the ball. Delap, Palmer (even Torres) are clearly the types of players we should be focusing on and at the moment that change is paying dividends.

Bernabe will be gone and even that new left back Larios (although too early to tell) will likely follow the Angelino path. He looks lightweight.

I commented elsewhere as to who is responsible for bringing in these players, many of whom are not better than the ones we already had.

I have hopes for Couto, even though he's small, as it appears he's fast & very determined. More SWP than Pozo.

As you say, there is nothing so far to indicate why Larios is currently at our club.

I agree,he's far too casual.If he doesn't get his head down he is only going to stagnate,he needs to be letting Pep know he's around or request a loan.

With his size, allied to his talent, he should be a starting option for odd games, right now imo, but he lacks concentration.

Hopefully it will soon click for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.