City v Liverpool 1900hrs 24/08

Liverpool are doing so much more running, we had a good chance to break there with a bit better anticipation from TDB.

A few too many 1-2’s between Grimshaw in goal and the defence, giving Liverpool time to press high and, then the defence and Grimshaw unable to find the right ball to the midfielders when having to then rush a pass before being closed down. It was uncomfortable to see this. Surprised we did not rectify this earlier.

A few too many 1-2’s between Grimshaw in goal and the defence, giving Liverpool time to press high and, then the defence and Grimshaw unable to find the right ball to the midfielders when having to then rush a pass before being closed down. It was uncomfortable to see this. Surprised we did not rectify this earlier.
Pep will see them die before they change though and we can't argue with the results. Ok i know Pep is not their coach proper but you can be damn sure that is close to rule number one "be brave, play it out from the back, never lose your confidence in your ability to do so, even at 10-0 down"

Pep will see them die before they change though and we can't argue with the results. Ok i know Pep is not their coach proper but you can be damn sure that is close to rule number one "be brave, play it out from the back, never lose your confidence in your ability to do so, even at 10-0 down"

Brave is playing the ball forward having confidence to find your team mate with the pass. Once players hold onto the ball too long and turn to play it back to the keeper it makes it easier for the opposition attackers because they can’t be offside from the back pass so they can put a player between our defender with the ball and the keeper, ready to intercept or at least put our keeper under immense pressure when he receives the pass. To be honest the midfield should have showed themselves for the ball more to help the defenders.

I don’t want to sound harsh because I know there is a fantastic set of players in this group. Move on from this but learn from it.

I am sure you are right the U23’s will continue to play and learn from playing it out from the back. It is a playing culture which is being played at all levels within the club.

I think people should temper the expectations of the u23 squad this year. They are very talented but so young.

Our squad is made up of 17/18 and the vast majority of the league is 19/20.

Just look at Liverpool's squad, they had far more developed bodies than our team, is was like watching men vs kids from a physical sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.