City v Liverpool Post Match

zimmerman said:
Blue2112 said:
zimmerman said:
Anyone else think Joe was out of order with what he said about Kun on the OS interview?

I was surprised but then I do wonder if football fans think every single word should be cosy and nice. I would like to see City stop these little things though in after match interviews.

Joe said something along the lines of Kun made no impact on the game up to his goal.

That type of stuff should be kept in house IMO.

Thought Kun had a very good second half, the only guy that looked likely to make things happen.

Personally I think Sergio doesn't particularly like having to play alongside Dzeko, no chemistry whatsoever.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
robbieh said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I didn't hear no bell, that's what Rocky said.

Those bastards are counting on us quitting.

We can tear the arse out of plenty shortcomings this season, but the cold hard facts aren't about Van Persie, or how better United supposedly are.

Our home record is the only reason we are now nine points behind.

Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, six points dropped.

United loss, another three.

Simple as that. Certain players in our squad don't have the required mentality to sustain success on a consistent basis.

I am curious. Nasri obviously springs to mind. But who are the others?

I defo believe the likes of Nasri, Mario, Barry, Tevez, Dzeko and Lescott feel they have fulfilled their brief.

Whether it be down to advancing years, wanting out or at odds with the manager.
don't post often but generally agree with your views, however, not sure i agree with Barry and lescott not being mentally on their brief. The others you mention yes but lescott and Barry I think in my opinion are still giving their all. Not the most technically gifted players in our squad but I don't see them lying on the floor playing woe is me when the opposition are attacking us.

I see Barry giving his all and lescott not sulking when on the bench, as I say my opinion on this one, you obviously see different, no mither, just on these two I have to disagree.

Re: Dzeko almost permanently disabled......NOT

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
grim up north said:
johnbmcr said:
no m8

109 were shouting at him to get off his mard arse
what hid did cost us the 1st goal and could have lost us the game and actually soon as the ref got near him he got up what is he thinking it will do acting like a buffoon? 0/10

So someone gets fouled and he cost us the game. If he got up what did you expect him to do

His actions were totally embarrassing and our players has the play the ball out mentality, switched off and a goal happens. Dzeko was partly to blame for this.

Partly, sure, but what was more frustrating, I thought, was the complete lack of nouse shown by the rest of the team - anyone who's played at any level knows that the best thing to do in that situation is to find a way, any way, to stop the game - commit a foul, even take a booking if needed, get the ball out of play (Garcia!), then use the break to get at the ref and make sure he knows he's fucked up. Hardly the 'beautiful game', but no the less true. You don't just back right off, put in some half-assed defending, then moan like fuck afterwards that the other team should have put it out (which they shouldn't).

Rammy Blue said:
zimmerman said:
Blue2112 said:
I was surprised but then I do wonder if football fans think every single word should be cosy and nice. I would like to see City stop these little things though in after match interviews.

Joe said something along the lines of Kun made no impact on the game up to his goal.

Thought Kun had a very good second half, the only guy that looked likely to make things happen.

Personally I think Sergio doesn't particularly like having to play alongside Dzeko, no chemistry whatsoever.
That is true

Our forward play has ben abolsutely useles all season and it's the difference between us and Utd

It was why I was so encouraged by Aguero in the 2nd half. I don't know where that came from but he was magnificent in that 2nd half. Like the blue touch paper has gone off

Tevez is too slow to play with him, whilst Dzeko needs crosses and they just don't play as a two together. I don't think Balotelliever passes to another forward in his life except for The Goal.

Forward play needs fixing. And only way is to buy one in the Summer, and maybe sell Dzeko and Tevez. Or change the way we play slightly so that we play with a bit more width...that would need a wide forward to come in or an outstanding full back

Blue Haze said:
Didn't Mancini already tell Joe to STFU with his criticism in public? Think it was after the Madrid game.

Yeah, it's not Joe's job to do that, it's the managers ;)

MAN CITY
Joe Hart 6 pts
P. Zabaleta 8
Joleon Lescott 7
Gael Clichy 6
Matija Nastasic 6
James Milner 8
Javi García 5
Gareth Barry 5
David Silva 4
Edin Dzeko 8
Sergio Agüero 8

LIVERPOOL
José Reina Paez 5
Glen Johnson 5
José Enrique 5
Daniel Agger 8
Jamie Carragher 8
Steven Gerrard 9
Jordan Henderson 7
Stewart Downing 7
Lucas Leiva 7
Luis Suárez 9
Daniel Sturridge 10

Rammy Blue said:
zimmerman said:
Blue2112 said:

It's as if they're playing in two desperate games at times, they don't seem to look and link up of late.

Superr said:
MAN CITY
Joe Hart 6 pts
P. Zabaleta 8
Joleon Lescott 7
Gael Clichy 6
Matija Nastasic 6
James Milner 8
Javi García 5
Gareth Barry 5
David Silva 4
Edin Dzeko 8
Sergio Agüero 8

LIVERPOOL
José Reina Paez 5
Glen Johnson 5
José Enrique 5
Daniel Agger 8
Jamie Carragher 8
Steven Gerrard 9
Jordan Henderson 7
Stewart Downing 7
Lucas Leiva 7
Luis Suárez 9
Daniel Sturridge 10
I presume Gerrard got a 9 rather than a 10 because of all those misplaced passes in the first half - I counted at least six.

Superr said:
MAN CITY
Joe Hart 6 pts
P. Zabaleta 8
Joleon Lescott 7
Gael Clichy 6
Matija Nastasic 6
James Milner 8
Javi García 5
Gareth Barry 5
David Silva 4
Edin Dzeko 8
Sergio Agüero 8

LIVERPOOL
José Reina Paez 5
Glen Johnson 5
José Enrique 5
Daniel Agger 8
Jamie Carragher 8
Steven Gerrard 9
Jordan Henderson 7
Stewart Downing 7
Lucas Leiva 7
Luis Suárez 9
Daniel Sturridge 10
Suarez was poor. How can you give him 9?. Sturridge was a 9 maybe

Dzeko was poor despite a good goal. he blotted his copybook with Liverpool's equaliser

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.