Fernandinho 8
Silva 8
Navas 7

Aguero 7
Dzeko 8

Nasri 7
Garcia 5
Negredo 6

Fucking hell, if Hart got 6 for not having to do anything why've you given Garcia a 5? Granted he didn't have to do much either, he did nothing wrong. Would have give Navas at least an 8, ripped them apart.

Well said ! You've got to laugh at some so called supporters. No matter what happens on the pitch they can't resist their little small minded predjudices ! The guy comes on the pitch, plays out of position, does absoutely nothing wrong and wins some decent possession but still gets a rating below a goal keeper that hardly even touched the ball !
Fuck off!
Hart played a whole match, made a good save in the first half and kept a clean sheet. Garcia played less than half an hour and touched the ball a few times and played some 5 yard passes. I would have given Negredo the same if he hadn't had a legitimate goal disallowed.

Braggster said:
He's understandably not got some of the attention that Edin, Navas and Ferna have got in the post match analysis, but I thought Yaya was exceptional last night. The subtlety and touch of his basic passing is simply wonderful and he'll be the best deep lying creative midfielder in the league this season if he plays there regularly (which it looks like he will). His accuracy and unerring ability to find quick, incisive passes - long and short - that make life easy for the recipient of the ball, is astonishing. He gets attention for his bulldozing runs and goalscoring ability but his basic passing, for me, is his best attribute. Just a special player, who gets in an all time premiership XI for me.

Very simply ... we'll win the league because of the Fernandinho/Yaya partnership in the centre of midfield. It's just very difficult to see anyone coping with them. I asked earlier in the thread but is there a better pair of central midfield players in England? I really don't think there is. They will eat alive the likes of Carrick, Cleverlely, Ramires, and Lampard.

The games can't come quickly enough as far as I'm concerned. Newcastle may well have been shit, but I can't think of many teams in the world that could've coped with our passing, movement, energy, and physicality last night.

BillyShears said:
PhuketBlue said:
Excellent start. Well done to all involved. Hopefully we can build on this for the much tougher games that lie ahead.

Are your jaws getting sore having to do so much posting through gritted teeth ... :)
Is this the point where someone should pipe up and remind everyone that every single time there's a testy debate on this forum, the losing side comes in with a "bygones and such" line... only to turn around when they're the ones correct and do the same as was done to them? For once, let's just be ecstatic about the game last night. It was brilliant and those of us who thought Mancini's time had expired certainly look correct at this point. That's how it goes. The previous season many of us were very wrong after the Arsenal away match. That again is how it goes.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:15 am --<br /><br />
BillyShears said:
Braggster said:
He's understandably not got some of the attention that Edin, Navas and Ferna have got in the post match analysis, but I thought Yaya was exceptional last night. The subtlety and touch of his basic passing is simply wonderful and he'll be the best deep lying creative midfielder in the league this season if he plays there regularly (which it looks like he will). His accuracy and unerring ability to find quick, incisive passes - long and short - that make life easy for the recipient of the ball, is astonishing. He gets attention for his bulldozing runs and goalscoring ability but his basic passing, for me, is his best attribute. Just a special player, who gets in an all time premiership XI for me.

Very simply ... we'll win the league because of the Fernandinho/Yaya partnership in the centre of midfield. It's just very difficult to see anyone coping with them. I asked earlier in the thread but is there a better pair of central midfield players in England? I really don't think there is. They will eat alive the likes of Carrick, Cleverlely, Ramires, and Lampard.

The games can't come quickly enough as far as I'm concerned. Newcastle may well have been shit, but I can't think of many teams in the world that could've coped with our passing, movement, energy, and physicality last night.
I agree. And when necessary we can bring in a dedicated holding midfielder to partner them whether it be Garcia or Barry. They make a great platform from which to attack.

taconinja said:
BillyShears said:
PhuketBlue said:
Excellent start. Well done to all involved. Hopefully we can build on this for the much tougher games that lie ahead.

Are your jaws getting sore having to do so much posting through gritted teeth ... :)
Is this the point where someone should pipe up and remind everyone that every single time there's a testy debate on this forum, the losing side comes in with a "bygones and such" line... only to turn around when they're the ones correct and do the same as was done to them? For once, let's just be ecstatic about the game last night. It was brilliant and those of us who thought Mancini's time had expired certainly look correct at this point. That's how it goes. The previous season many of us were very wrong after the Arsenal away match. That again is how it goes.

-- Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:15 am --

BillyShears said:
Braggster said:

I agree. And when necessary we can bring in a dedicated holding midfielder to partner them whether it be Garcia or Barry. They make a great platform from which to attack.

I think it's possible we won't see two forwards against the top teams away from home, although I'd expect it's Rodwell who comes in rather than Barry or Garcia. I think Barry will go in the next two weeks if I'm honest.

Going to be interesting to see how Manu keeps Jovetic and Nasri happy because on last night's showing Navas and Silva are the main men.

BillyShears said:
taconinja said:
BillyShears said:
Is this the point where someone should pipe up and remind everyone that every single time there's a testy debate on this forum, the losing side comes in with a "bygones and such" line... only to turn around when they're the ones correct and do the same as was done to them? For once, let's just be ecstatic about the game last night. It was brilliant and those of us who thought Mancini's time had expired certainly look correct at this point. That's how it goes. The previous season many of us were very wrong after the Arsenal away match. That again is how it goes.

-- Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:15 am --

BillyShears said:

I think it's possible we won't see two forwards against the top teams away from home, although I'd expect it's Rodwell who comes in rather than Barry or Garcia. I think Barry will go in the next two weeks if I'm honest.

Going to be interesting to see how Manu keeps Jovetic and Nasri happy because on last night's showing Navas and Silva are the main men.
Well he was brought into the club in part because of his man-management skills. I'm confident he can do it.

As for Rodwell, I think he has a place too but I still think Garcia behind the other two has a place.

BillyShears said:
Braggster said:

Its a well known fact that Yaya can't pass. Also he's never had a remotely decent game playing in the deeper role.

BillyShears said:
PhuketBlue said:

Not gritted at all. Very much enjoyed the win and hope the rest of the season continues in the same manner. However, Newcastle were very poor and I won't be getting too carried away just yet. An excellent start though.

PhuketBlue said:
BillyShears said:
PhuketBlue said:

Not gritted at all. Very much enjoyed the win and hope the rest of the season continues in the same manner. However, Newcastle were very poor and I won't be getting too carried away just yet. An excellent start though.

You should work for Sky's Monday Night Football. Fit right in next to Carra and Gazza.

cibaman said:
BillyShears said:
Braggster said:

Its a well known fact that Yaya can't pass. Also he's never had a remotely decent game playing in the deeper role.
Err he made more completed passes than any player this weekend, 103 I think?

Impressed with the football last night. Service was even more painfully slow than usual.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.