City v Newcastle post match thread

oldhamblue said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
yalwaysme said:
Id like to comment on lescot last nite,i know he didnt have alot to do but what he did do he did really well,think hes worth another years contract,he hasnt become a bad player overnight and i think mancini lost faith on last game against qpr in title winning season,a good back up if indeed we do sign a top class centre half.

Tackling was excellent as ever......but his ball control and passing was poor, Newcastle deliberately left him free so Joe passed to him

I said exactly the same thing to my son. Wouldn't be surprised if he had more touches than anyone else

He gave the ball to them twice in very dangerous positions. Better teams would have exploited that. I still think we need to sign a top class CB who is as comfortable on the ball as Vinny.

Yes i agree he did give it away a couple of times but i dont think their is a better option at the moment,maybe he isnt top class but who is available and proven and maybe we stlll have to get shut of a couple to spend big on a centre half,but who is available ? I think over the course of his time at city he hasnt let the club down and his attitude has been spot on,we payed over the odds but we have and many other clubs have done the same and he has been part of the tightest defence in prem for 3 years maybe found out champions league but the whole side did ?

cibaman said:
BillyShears said:
Braggster said:
He's understandably not got some of the attention that Edin, Navas and Ferna have got in the post match analysis, but I thought Yaya was exceptional last night. The subtlety and touch of his basic passing is simply wonderful and he'll be the best deep lying creative midfielder in the league this season if he plays there regularly (which it looks like he will). His accuracy and unerring ability to find quick, incisive passes - long and short - that make life easy for the recipient of the ball, is astonishing. He gets attention for his bulldozing runs and goalscoring ability but his basic passing, for me, is his best attribute. Just a special player, who gets in an all time premiership XI for me.

Very simply ... we'll win the league because of the Fernandinho/Yaya partnership in the centre of midfield. It's just very difficult to see anyone coping with them. I asked earlier in the thread but is there a better pair of central midfield players in England? I really don't think there is. They will eat alive the likes of Carrick, Cleverlely, Ramires, and Lampard.

The games can't come quickly enough as far as I'm concerned. Newcastle may well have been shit, but I can't think of many teams in the world that could've coped with our passing, movement, energy, and physicality last night.

Its a well known fact that Yaya can't pass. Also he's never had a remotely decent game playing in the deeper role.

Do you keep your maggots in the fridge?

When Nasri scored I looked straight at Pelligrini. He gave Nasri the thumbs up and stared right at him. When he realised Nasri wasn't looking, he waited and gave him the thumbs up once more.

Such a simple gesture but it was done with meaning.

oldius said:
When Nasri scored I looked straight at Pelligrini. He gave Nasri the thumbs up and stared right at him. When he realised Nasri wasn't looking, he waited and gave him the thumbs up once more.

Such a simple gesture but it was done with meaning.

When the squad is fit, at any time, at least 2 or 3 of Negredo, Dzeko, Jovetic, Navas, Nasri, Aguero etc are going to be on the bench.

Pellegrini's man management is going to be crucial throughout the campaign.

We can't sustain that kind of intensity though, can we?
It was like a cup match.
Not complaining though.

mackenzie said:
It was like a cup match.
Not complaining though.

I did not think so, I thought it was all very controlled and well planned out I think professional is the word I would use

Ducado said:
I thought it was all very controlled and well planned out I think professional is the word I would use
Spot on.
.... and for the soothsayers...

We play Swansea at home first game of the season... they play in Black and White... Aguero scores... we win 4-0 and go on to win the League.

We play Newcastle at home first game of the season... they play in Black and White... Aguero scores... we win 4-0 and go on to win the................

"Tis a sign I tell 'ee"!

mackenzie said:
It was like a cup match.
Not complaining though.

What do you think all the extra training is for. These buggers are gonna have to work for their money. ;-)

mackenzie said:
It was like a cup match.
Not complaining though.

Yes we can, others teams like Dortmund have managed it and many Spanish teams press and expend a lot of energy. It WILL have its effect on the team though, which is where rotation and squad depth will become important. Dortmund's lack of squad depth led to some lethargic displays after big games last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.