City V PSG ticket Prices: Club Statement

The point that seems to be over looked is any fan with a season card/ citizen member aren't being asked to pay £60. You can sit in other areas for cheaper if you wish Barca was just as dear (60) for non members. People were happy to pay it then, hence the club have put this game on par with that.
As a family I think the PSG game is cheaper.

I think this ultimately boils down to frustration with performances of late. If we were top of the league and playing well I don't think this would even be an issue. I also think we have a core of fans who will attend regardless of price and then day trippers/tourists make up the rest. We have sold out many home games this season but agree at times it has looked dubious. I just don't think city fans as a whole have taken to the champions league. Sevilla, borussia mochengladbach and Kiev were all priced around £35 and I don't think any of those games come close to selling out. So I have to disagree that this would priced around that area.

I personally think we will get around the 48000 mark for this game.

It has nothing to do with frustration or the teams current poor performances.

If you think we'll get 48,000 for this game, you will be in for a shock.
If you think we will get 48,000 genuine City fans, minus the tourists, day trippers, etc, you will be in for another shock
If you think City won't give away tickets, sell them at a reduced price to certain groups, and fill any empty seats as much as they can, a-la Kiev, you will be in for a shock.

This isn't about me or you. It's about all genuine City fans who will be priced out of this match.

If I was home for this game it would cost me and my grandson a total of £40 in the family stand.
I would find that difficult to complain about in truth.

That said I agree the club are missing an opportunity to fill the ground and create a great atmosphere, although so much depends on the result of the first leg.

What a strange post.

It's precisely that we do not have the fan base of "the rags, Lpool, Barca, Madrid etc" that the pricing structure for this game is so flawed.

If any of those clubs charged £60, and priced out their local, hard core support, then tourists and corporates would pick up the slack, buy the tickets and fill the stadium.

The difference at City is, we don't attract anywhere near the same level of tourists and corporate tickets. If our local, hard core support don't buy the £60 because they can't afford to go, no one is going to pick up the slack. There are going to be 15k empty seats instead.

The club know this full well. They are exploiting the hard core fans who can just about afford it, and they are squeezing out the rest.

As I said in other threads, the club would prefer 40k people paying £60 than 55k people paying £35 because it means they will get an extra few hundred grand in revenue. It's short-sighted and it's small time.

The bigger issue is, what happens if we beat PSG and get Barca in the semi's, how much then for a ticket? £100 minimum? Where does it stop?
If we do not have the same number of fans as these other clubs surely we need to charge more if we are to compete with them? Our owners can't just bankroll us forever we need to become self sufficient to compete at the top level.

I'm one of the long stranding season ticket holders who will eventually be priced out and I'm saddened by it but I also know I can't have my cake and eat it.

It's either success and higher ticket prices or no success and low ticket prices.

Take your choice blues.

It has nothing to do with frustration or the teams current poor performances.

If you think we'll get 48,000 for this game, you will be in for a shock.
If you think we will get 48,000 genuine City fans, minus the tourists, day trippers, etc, you will be in for another shock
If you think City won't give away tickets, sell them at a reduced price to certain groups, and fill any empty seats as much as they can, a-la Kiev, you will be in for a shock.

This isn't about me or you. It's about all genuine City fans who will be priced out of this match.

This game will be less than 35,000 if the first tie goes as expected.

If we do not have the same number of fans as these other clubs surely we need to charge more if we are to compete with them? Our owners can't just bankroll us forever we need to become self sufficient to compete at the top level.

I'm one of the long stranding season ticket holders who will eventually be priced out and I'm saddened by it but I also know I can't have my cake and eat it.

It's either success and higher ticket prices or no success and low ticket prices.

Take your choice blues.
You're either purposely WUMming, or you've not read the post where people have done the maths and shown how very very little ticket prices affect our revenue. We already are massively self-sufficient, hence the large profits, and this will only continue.

Well there you go. Kiam has spoken.

The selfishness of some of our fanbase is astounding. Happy to see long term blues priced out because they are lucky enough to afford the pricing. Fuck all will ever change whilst this remains the case. Having empathy with your fellow blue seems to be something in short supply.
Moan when we are shite and moan when we're good.

Supporting a successful team costs money just like owning an expensive car costs money to run.

I'm afraid you want the best of both worlds and that's not a fair deal for our owners. They have changed us from a bag of shite to a trophy winning/ CL with the best manager in the world on the way.

They are not a charity and I'm afraid this success comes at a cost and we are the consumer start getting used to that idea I have.

Take your choice blues.

Stop talking bollocks.

Moan when we are shite and moan when we're good.

Supporting a successful team costs money just like owning an expensive car costs money to run.

I'm afraid you want the best of both worlds and that's not a fair deal for our owners. They have changed us from a bag of shite to a trophy winning/ CL with the best manager in the world on the way.

They are not a charity and I'm afraid this success comes at a cost and we are the consumer start getting used to that idea I have.
Our owners will be getting plenty of their investment back without needing to screw the fanbase.

Take your choice blues.

There is no point having a successful football team if the fans who have supported it for THIRTY FIVE fucking lean years can't go and watch them play is there? As others have rightly pointed out matchday revenue only accounts for a small percentage of profit these days so cheaper tickets should be achievable.Also with the success comes more games and more cost in the pocket. Me? I have seen us win two titles,two league cups and an FA cup when I thought I would never see us win a trophy again in my lifetime so I can step aside now if need be and if the club takes the piss this is exactly what I will do,whether I can afford it or not!

You're either purposely WUMming, or you've not read the post where people have done the maths and shown how very very little ticket prices affect our revenue. We already are massively self-sufficient, hence the large profits, and this will only continue.

Ticket revenue may not be the largest income stream for the club but it is still an important source of income. We've lost money every season since the take over and only made a small profit last year for the first time (if I remember correctly). We were all happy to see Guardiola coming in on probably a good deal more than Pellegrini and we'll no doubt be expecting major signings in the Summer, so every bit of income helps even if it is not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.