City V PSG ticket Prices: Club Statement

Having paid £58 for a Boxing Day ticket for the mid table dippers only a couple seasons ago, £60 for champs league quarter final against one of the best teams in europe and some of the best players in europe , is a f8cking bargain , i think the club have bent over backwards to help our supporters with ticket costs , i have taken my grandson to half a dozen cup games and they have cost a fiver each , and £15 for myself .Its the Premiership tickets that should be capped to a maximum of £30 , with the billions of TV cash swilling around in the game.

There are many other factors to be taken in to account.

Yes, I did pay £50 to go to the Barca game. At the time I thought it was expensive, but I don't remember there being widespread outrage at the time like there is for this game? Perhaps you'll correct me if I'm mistaken on that.

I think the reason there wasn't such outrage at the time is because had a 45,000 capacity at the time, which sold out for near enough every league game. The game would have been close to selling out at £50 a ticket, and would have definitely sold out at £35 a ticket, so I could kind of understand why the club charged a premium.

We now have a 55,000 capacity stadium that rarely sells out for league games. It has never yet sold out for a Champions League game. There are regularly 10-15k empty seats on Champions League nights, and the atmosphere is usually flat and lifeless. There is absolutely no chance we will come close to selling this game out at £60. A good attendance for this game at those prices would be 45k, personally I think it will be closer to 40k.

The demand simply isn't there. Whether it's because PSG aren't as big an attraction as Barca and Messi, or if it's just financially after a cup final fans are feeling the pinch, there is widespread dismay at the pricing.

When the prices were released for the PSG game were released, my reaction was probably much the same as when they were released for Barca. It's more than I'd like to pay, but I'll probably pay the premium for the big game.

Then when I saw the outrage on here, saw the statement from Kevin Parker and the 1894 group, it was clear there was huge, widespread dissatisfaction with the pricing. I expected the club to respond like Liverpool did the other week, with open ears and understanding towards fan's concern. Instead they came out with their arrogant and aloof statement, basically saying "That's capitalism, baby".

That just sums up the current executive team at City, they really don't give a toss about normal fan's views on a whole range of issues. They don't engage with us, they don't allow us to give them negative feedback, and when they do, they don't listen, they just come back with arrogant and aloof statements. They really don't give a toss about our traditional support that has been there for 120 years. They're on to bigger and better things in their eyes, expanding the fan base in the US, China, around the globe. They're far more concerned with fans in Atlanta, Georgia than Longsight, Manchester. They're more bothered about appeasing fans in Guangzou than Gorton.

The reason I'm pissed off about the club on this is simple. As I keep repeating: They could quite easily sell this game out at £35. Have 55k Blues roaring the team on, a full house for the first time in the Champions League. A night to remember in a season to forget, get fans engaged with the Champions League for the first time, start creating our own "magical European nights under the lights". Instead they chose to charge £60 and we'll be lucky to get 40k there. They've taken that decision knowing full well it won't come close to selling out, but they will make themselves an extra few hundred grand. But it will end up being worse for the fans, and worse for the team playing to a flat, half empty stadium. I hope they're happy with themselves.
Great post.

From the OS.

Seasoncard holders and Cityzens members can secure their tickets for this historic match from just £40 for Adults and £10 for Under 16s. Full pricing details for this fixture are as follows:

Family Stand Level 1 and South Stand Levels 1 & 3

- Adults: £40.00
- 16-21s / Over 65s: £30.00
- Under 16s: £10.00
- Disabled: £30.00

Family Stand and South Stand Level 2

- Adults: £45.00
- 16-21s / Over 65s: £35.00
- Under 16s: £15.00
- Disabled: £35.00

Colin Bell Stand and East Stand Levels 1 & 3

- Adults: £50.00
- 16-21s / Over 65s: £40.00
- Under 16s: £20.00
- Disabled: £40.00

Colin Bell and East Stand Level 2

- Adults: £55.00
- 16-21s / Over 65s: £45.00
- Under 16s: £25.00
- Disabled: £45.00

Non-Cityzens members will pay a £5 increase on the prices listed above.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2016/March/PSG-ticket-information/1458321292

Yes, I did pay £50 to go to the Barca game. At the time I thought it was expensive, but I don't remember there being widespread outrage at the time like there is for this game? Perhaps you'll correct me if I'm mistaken on that.

I think the reason there wasn't such outrage at the time is because had a 45,000 capacity at the time, which sold out for near enough every league game. The game would have been close to selling out at £50 a ticket, and would have definitely sold out at £35 a ticket, so I could kind of understand why the club charged a premium.

We now have a 55,000 capacity stadium that rarely sells out for league games. It has never yet sold out for a Champions League game. There are regularly 10-15k empty seats on Champions League nights, and the atmosphere is usually flat and lifeless. There is absolutely no chance we will come close to selling this game out at £60. A good attendance for this game at those prices would be 45k, personally I think it will be closer to 40k.

The demand simply isn't there. Whether it's because PSG aren't as big an attraction as Barca and Messi, or if it's just financially after a cup final fans are feeling the pinch, there is widespread dismay at the pricing.

When the prices were released for the PSG game were released, my reaction was probably much the same as when they were released for Barca. It's more than I'd like to pay, but I'll probably pay the premium for the big game.

Then when I saw the outrage on here, saw the statement from Kevin Parker and the 1894 group, it was clear there was huge, widespread dissatisfaction with the pricing. I expected the club to respond like Liverpool did the other week, with open ears and understanding towards fan's concern. Instead they came out with their arrogant and aloof statement, basically saying "That's capitalism, baby".

That just sums up the current executive team at City, they really don't give a toss about normal fan's views on a whole range of issues. They don't engage with us, they don't allow us to give them negative feedback, and when they do, they don't listen, they just come back with arrogant and aloof statements. They really don't give a toss about our traditional support that has been there for 120 years. They're on to bigger and better things in their eyes, expanding the fan base in the US, China, around the globe. They're far more concerned with fans in Atlanta, Georgia than Longsight, Manchester. They're more bothered about appeasing fans in Guangzou than Gorton.

The reason I'm pissed off about the club on this is simple. As I keep repeating: They could quite easily sell this game out at £35. Have 55k Blues roaring the team on, a full house for the first time in the Champions League. A night to remember in a season to forget, get fans engaged with the Champions League for the first time, start creating our own "magical European nights under the lights". Instead they chose to charge £60 and we'll be lucky to get 40k there. They've taken that decision knowing full well it won't come close to selling out, but they will make themselves an extra few hundred grand. But it will end up being worse for the fans, and worse for the team playing to a flat, half empty stadium. I hope they're happy with themselves.

This all day long it is the aloof dismissing of the fans as if we are not important or matter that is getting up everyone's nose.The owners have done a hell of a lot right since the takeover but for some reason they are now doing an awful lot wrong and worse they don't seem to care.That for me is worrying.The penny is starting to drop and for us long standing fans it is not a pretty future.They want us out,gone,simple as.

Driven by some clown or clowns put in charge of marketing who it appears don't have a clue about the tradition or what makes your average UK football fan tick, they want a happy clappy full house of day trippers, paying a premium price for the 'Match day experience' and spending ££££'s in the souvenir shop.They don't want us old style fans who are in the pub until ten minutes before kick off and who abhor all the plastic cheese now being thrust into our faces more and more every game.

They are in for a rude awakening as this would take many years of sustained success to achieve and even then the ground would be half empty for a wet Wednesday night at home to Watford or Stoke [ No disrespect to these clubs. ] By the time these buffoons realise this the old guard will be long gone and we won't be coming back!

Personally I think the fans on here having a go at our owners for charging £60 for a champions league quarter final are a joke.

They should remember where we were before the takeover and the fact we were on the verge of administration.

The reason we have these games are due to our fantastic owners and fans shouldn't forget that.

We do not have the fan base of the rags, Lpool, Barca, Madrid etc and some of the fans are acting as if we do and demanding lower prices.

Be very very careful what you wish for blues.
Well there you go. Kiam has spoken.

The selfishness of some of our fanbase is astounding. Happy to see long term blues priced out because they are lucky enough to afford the pricing. Fuck all will ever change whilst this remains the case. Having empathy with your fellow blue seems to be something in short supply.

Pretty sure at about 3_15 city were advertising next seasons waiting list for hospitality etc on talksport.
Sums them up at the moment

The point that seems to be over looked is any fan with a season card/ citizen member aren't being asked to pay £60. You can sit in other areas for cheaper if you wish Barca was just as dear (60) for non members. People were happy to pay it then, hence the club have put this game on par with that.
As a family I think the PSG game is cheaper.

I think this ultimately boils down to frustration with performances of late. If we were top of the league and playing well I don't think this would even be an issue. I also think we have a core of fans who will attend regardless of price and then day trippers/tourists make up the rest. We have sold out many home games this season but agree at times it has looked dubious. I just don't think city fans as a whole have taken to the champions league. Sevilla, borussia mochengladbach and Kiev were all priced around £35 and I don't think any of those games come close to selling out. So I have to disagree that this would priced around that area.

I personally think we will get around the 48000 mark for this game.

The point that seems to be over looked is any fan with a season card/ citizen member aren't being asked to pay £60. You can sit in other areas for cheaper if you wish Barca was just as dear (60) for non members. People were happy to pay it then, hence the club have put this game on par with that.
As a family I think the PSG game is cheaper.

I think this ultimately boils down to frustration with performances of late. If we were top of the league and playing well I don't think this would even be an issue. I also think we have a core of fans who will attend regardless of price and then day trippers/tourists make up the rest. We have sold out many home games this season but agree at times it has looked dubious. I just don't think city fans as a whole have taken to the champions league. Sevilla, borussia mochengladbach and Kiev were all priced around £35 and I don't think any of those games come close to selling out. So I have to disagree that this would priced around that area.

I personally think we will get around the 48000 mark for this game.

If 10,000 PGS fans turn up its very likely. And as the club will sell tickets to anyone as evidenced against gladbach, they won't struggle to get in!

Think the majority of season card holders have lost touch with what city have been upto trying to fleece match tickets buyers for what they can .
With only about 9000 seats to shift they have got away with it.
So they thought they'd give it a go the same prices but with 50,000 to shift.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.