City v Real Madrid - 26/04/16 - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it's going to be a typical cagey first leg tonight, we need to ensure we keep it tight and keep ourselves in the tie for the second leg. We need to score though so don't pay them too much respect. Ferny and Fernando will be the key for me. Not sure about starting with Kompany though it's going to be a brave call.

It's a worry Zin - Thought doubling up with AK & Zab may help defensively

Clichy arguably had his best game in a city shirt v PSG, however, any analysis would of also seen the doubling up he had to handle because of silvas work ethic, it's this side that concerns me most as sagna and navas, although not easy on the eye, are extremely solid... We need to remember this is bale who will be attacking down the left, don't be surprised to see someone we wasn't expecting in the starting line up...if only it was Roberto Carlos (:...

Manuel has been a stubborn old fool at times and I kind of admire him for it, but a practical manager makes a big decision regarding this tonight...

Let's be grateful that he was sensible enough to leave the rags. Recent history could have been very different if he had stayed.
Agree that he is a narcissist though

Clichy arguably had his best game in a city shirt v PSG, however, any analysis would of also seen the doubling up he had to handle because of silvas work ethic, it's this side that concerns me most as sagna and navas, although not easy on the eye, are extremely solid... We need to remember this is bale who will be attacking down the left, don't be surprised to see someone we wasn't expecting in the starting line up...if only it was Roberto Carlos (:...

Manuel has been a stubborn old fool at times and I kind of admire him for it, but a practical manager makes a big decision regarding this tonight...

Absolutely spot on Zin. Our full backs are the key to tonight. Clichy is one of my favourite players I really hope that he plays tonight.

The more I think about this game, the more I think we're going to get twatted. Any advice on how to not think about the match for a while!?

Is there a confirmation on Ronaldo's fitness yet for tonight?

As much as it's necessary, can't see City keeping a clean sheet tonight, regardless of Ronaldo.

The optimist in me will say 2-1 to City, but it won't be enough to win the tie I'm afraid.

We will dry bum them and launch them out of the stadium without giving them so much as the courtesy of a towel to leak into

Come on City

Shoring up the flanks is the reason AK and Zab won't play...

Huge responsibility on silva tonight, he performs anywhere near the levels he did (defensively) v PSG and we'll get a spanking...

100%
I said yesterday I wouldnt play Silva and I stand by it
These games are one-offs. Ignoring legendary status etc, there is a job to be done and Sterling and Navas down both flanks would offer energy, pace and work ethic.
People slag Raheem off but he is extremely 'keen' in these CL games and would help Clichy up against Bale and Carvajal..

I just dont think we will have enough 'settled' possession in the 3/4 mark of the pitch if that makes sense, where Silva likes to dictate and make us tick
Our attacks will be fast, direct and perhaps not too frequent... something which would suit a forward line of
Navas KDB Sterling
Aguero

Is there a confirmation on Ronaldo's fitness yet for tonight?

As much as it's necessary, can't see City keeping a clean sheet tonight, regardless of Ronaldo.

The optimist in me will say 2-1 to City, but it won't be enough to win the tie I'm afraid.
It's the Champions League semi-final.... Ronaldo is playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.