City v Southampton pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
------------------hart
Zabaleta---Otamendi---Mangala---Kola
----Fernandinho-De Bruyne-Delph--Nasri
------------Sterling---Kelechi

Might be a game for Bony, but if he does start then he has to put a serious shift in. No sulking

When should tickets arrive in post?

I ordered mine nearly two weeks ago now, usually come within a day or two, was getting worried but they eventually arrived today. I'd expect them tomorrow/Thrusday.

Not sure it matters playing Sunday tbh, BUT, if we've requested to play Saturday it's good to see the FA are doing everything to help out their only remaining English representative in the champions league. Just wait until next season, with Leicester and Spurs in the champs league there's a very real danger if they perform poorly we could quite easily be overtaken by Italy and lose the 4th champs league spot for the season after next. Then they'll start panicking when the money train slows and they're doing everything they can to help teams in Europe. It's not a City thing before the anti City agenda people jump on it, the FA have never helped out any team in Europe. It's pathetic compared to the likes of Spain who practically let their representatives choose their fixtures.

It's a shame United don't play on the Saturday as if they had lost we could of afforded to rest everybody and chance our arm with a second string as it is we can't.

Assuming Yaya Silva and Nasri and still out I think we can expect a back 4 of Zab Ota Mangala and Kolarov.

Delph and Sterling to start. then it's about filling in the gaps. 4 spots between both Ferns, Navas, KDB, kelechi, Bony and Aguero. I'd go with Fernandinho KDB Navas and Kelechi with as many of them coming off as soon as possible.

Isn't there Friday night games next season ? Wonder which team will get that and the extra day or two off for the tuesday, wednesday night game.

Isn't there Friday night games next season ? Wonder which team will get that and the extra day or two off for the tuesday, wednesday night game.

Juve, PSG, and Kyiv all played Friday evening games the weekend before important European games this season. Our FA cares more about the television contracts than their teams' performances in Europe.

Hart

Zab
Otamendi
Mangala
Kolarov

Fernandinho
Ya ya
Delph

Kdb
Nasri if fit tiny tot if not
Serge

Only hart and serge played in both last two matches so first to be subbed if possible but needed for goals.

This is still a fairly strong team whilst allowing for rests. Leaving us to choose our first 11 for last three (hopefully 4) matches.

I feel 4 3 3 suits our current players/situation best. Especially without silva as it keeps ya ya and kdb in central areas whilst still having the solidity of two holders. We can allow ya ya and/or full backs to sit or attack depending on opponent/situation.

Hart - Zab, Otamendi, Mangala, Kolarov - Navas, Fernando, Delph, Nasri - Kelechi, Bony. If Clichys fit enough to play bot Sunday and Wednesday then he should play.

I can see some rotation for this. Zabba, Kolarov, mangala, Nasri and sterling will come in. Probably Delph for dinho too.

I hope Yaya and Nasri are fit.

If they are we can field quite a strong team

Hart

Zabaleta
Mangala
Otamendi
Kolarov

Fernando
Delph

Yaya

Sterling
Kelechi
Nasri

Allows rest for Sagna, Kompany, Clichy , Fernandinho, Navas and Aguero.

I think we'll probably draw and with all things considered it wouldn't be a bad point.

Can see either Arsenal or United dropping points again this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.