City v Southampton pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aguero needs to be rested, he's been playing too much. An injury waiting to happen.
Agreed. I don't want to see Aguero starting. Maybe on the bench for a 60th minute sub.

A game for kelechi, or Bony. I'd rather have a player hungry and at 100% than a tired player with half an eye on the next game. kelechi will give them problems. Hoping Nasri is fit to play.

we need to get a result here as to be honest I see a defeat coming in Madrid. top 4 a must and hopefully no injuries but the end of the season is close and a win against the saints would move us closer to grabbing a top 4 slot
A win and 2nd is on, but I'd take a point. I think with this sandwiched between Real Madrid games we have to rotate half the team and I am sure that that is what we will do

We can't afford to lose this game if we want to finish 3rd or above. Arse will win so we need to match their result. That said Aguero is running on empty at the moment so needs a break. We need Nasri back fit to replace Silva and maybe Delph will replace Ferny

Big game but this is the team I'd go with:

Hart
Zab Otamendi Mangala Kolorov
Navas Dinho Delph Sterling
Nacho Bony

we need to get a result here as to be honest I see a defeat coming in Madrid. top 4 a must and hopefully no injuries but the end of the season is close and a win against the saints would move us closer to grabbing a top 4 slot

True, but the best chance of beating Southampton isn't necessarily to play our best players since many of them are knackered or carrying injuries.

I think its fairly obvious that the full backs will be rotated, Kompany will not be risked by playing twice a week. It makes sense to start Delph instead of one of the Ferns who both looked shattered at the end of the game yesterday. Iheanacho deserves a place. All of those changes would be justified even if he weren't playing RM next week. Whether we play Yaya, Sterling or Nasri really comes down to how fit they are.

If all players fit bar silva I'd go

hart

Zaba
mangala
ota
kolarov

navas
delph
yaya
nasri

sterling
kelechi

all out for the 2nd leg for me

Not got a clue how Manuel will set up here but I'd be happy with

Hart

Zaba
Vinnie (Just so he gets more minutes under his belt)
Mangala
Kolarov

Delph
Yaya

Sterling
Kelechi
Nasri (If not fully fit put Garcia on after 60 Mins or Half Time)

Kun (Put Bony on after 60 Mins)

At least we will know Arse/Rags/West Ham results before the game kicks off. I cannot see all three of them winning but we have to aim for three points.

I think we need to trust some of our second string players to come in and do a job. Unfortunately I think Sergio will have to play but Kompany, Clichy, Sagna and Fernandinho could all be rested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.