City v Southampton pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered mine nearly two weeks ago now, usually come within a day or two, was getting worried but they eventually arrived today. I'd expect them tomorrow/Thrusday.

Not sure it matters playing Sunday tbh, BUT, if we've requested to play Saturday it's good to see the FA are doing everything to help out their only remaining English representative in the champions league. Just wait until next season, with Leicester and Spurs in the champs league there's a very real danger if they perform poorly we could quite easily be overtaken by Italy and lose the 4th champs league spot for the season after next. Then they'll start panicking when the money train slows and they're doing everything they can to help teams in Europe. It's not a City thing before the anti City agenda people jump on it, the FA have never helped out any team in Europe. It's pathetic compared to the likes of Spain who practically let their representatives choose their fixtures.

It's a shame United don't play on the Saturday as if they had lost we could of afforded to rest everybody and chance our arm with a second string as it is we can't.

Assuming Yaya Silva and Nasri and still out I think we can expect a back 4 of Zab Ota Mangala and Kolarov.

Delph and Sterling to start. then it's about filling in the gaps. 4 spots between both Ferns, Navas, KDB, kelechi, Bony and Aguero. I'd go with Fernandinho KDB Navas and Kelechi with as many of them coming off as soon as possible.
At least we will know the result of the Utd game before we start. Hopefully they will lose and that would relieve a bit of pressure.

Whilst I understand the theory that we can afford to lose at Southampton I disagree with it. We need a draw at least.

That way even if United win it remains in our hands.

Lose that initiative by not getting 1 point minimum and they finish above us by winning their final three because of their game in hand. We can do nothing about that possibility and we need to be in pole on the final day.

Three points would be great but hard to get as it is a do or die for Southampton re the Europa and they are a decent side. But if we get them we can afford a draw v Arsenal and it still be in our hands.

But last nights optimistic result will probably be the stickler as Pelle talking about getting a day less rest than Real Madrid in the press today and not being allowed to shift the game to Saturday (though the FA claim we never officially asked) means he will rest players.

Last time he was unhappy about a Sunday fixture we all saw the result at Chelsea. Do that at Southampton and our goal difference over Arsenal might vanish.

And they play Aston Villa at home last day - where if they need 10 to top us to 4th on GD they actually might get them past that side.

Last edited:
S'hampton still aiming for Europe as well so won't be easy, City should still get the upperhand in terms of quality though. 2-1 to City is my call.

(regardless who plays)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.