City v Stoke - 23/04/16 - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we withdraw him after 70 if he is fit to start and won't be involved on Tuesday.

Because he has played too much, too soon, hence the reason he pulled up in the Chelsea game and was unavailable for the Newcastle match. We need him for the remaining league fixtures, so I'd like him withdrawn earlier if possible.

The scenes on this thread at 11.45 on Saturday if he rests Aguero and starts with Bony...

fDO2Nk0ImzvvW.gif
Gets me every time.

Not expecting any problems to get past Stoke, as their season is virtually over.

Expecting a similar scenario as last weekend v Chelsea. Possibly 4-0.

Shouldn't be a cause for too much euphoria though, just like a difficult game v Newcastle should't be a cause for too much negativity. Typical end of season games & results.

He will make wholesale changes again as that always works,might as well throw the game and be done with it
He seemed to manage it quite well before and after the two PSG games, don't see why he won't for these games.

As Pellegrini sets great store in overworking his fullbacks and wants two fresh ones for the Madrid game we will once again see Zaba and Kolorov this Saturday.

He probably will go with Vinny and A N Other in the cente (hope it's not Demi) and may even rest Joe.

He likes Fernando for the CL so Yaya and Delph might be in the middle.

He keeps playing Navas, Aguero and De Bruyne so I expect him to continue and think Sterling will also start.

Probable team - Caballero - Zabba, Vinny, Otamendi, Kolarov - Yaya, Delph, Sterling, Navas, De Bruyne - Aguero.

If Nasri is fit I would swap Sterling for him.

It would be nice if we could start Silva, Nasri and Sterling with KdB and Navas rested. Though he was awful on Tuesday Kolarov links up well with Nasri and I'd like to see Sterling wide right. Sagna if he's back should start the next two and let Zabaleta play against Southampton.

Fernandinho will probably start, we could actually play Delph as an actual centre midfielder rather than as the winger he was never meant to be, wouldn't be upset if he started Yaya though poor as he was against Newcastle. Kompany needs fitness so he should start, maybe with Otamendi though. The only conundrum is whether to start Kun as he's bang in form but we have a rather big game on Tuesday. If he doesn't play then no doubt Bony will start and p1ss everyone off. Kelechi in front of Silva, Nasri and Sterling could be quite interesting all the same.

Fully expect Stoke to play like it's a cup final whilst United and Arsenal get another stroll in the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.