City v United |Carling Cup | 19th Jan |Match Day thread

Re: City v United |Carling Cup | 6th Jan |Match Day thread

is there any chance Richard Edgehill will be back to ease our defensive crisis for the rearranged games?

alera said:
Not surprised at all very glad TBH, gives us time to get injuries back, new players in and the heat to die down on the scum for their shameful loss against Leeds. THis is definately a big advantage to us considering we only have one fully fit first team defender at the moment, we now have 2 weeks to bring in reinforcements and get them bedded in.

My thoughts exactly, perfect timing for us I think.

BoundedCascade said:
alera said:
Not surprised at all very glad TBH, gives us time to get injuries back, new players in and the heat to die down on the scum for their shameful loss against Leeds. THis is definately a big advantage to us considering we only have one fully fit first team defender at the moment, we now have 2 weeks to bring in reinforcements and get them bedded in.

My thoughts exactly, perfect timing for us I think.

It will only be an advantage for US if

1/ Our injured actually CAN make it back in time for the game
2/ If we ARE able to buy players in time- and respectivly register them in time aswell
3/ The united squad arn't strengthened- relatively more than us. if they are considering everything above, we would've been better off playing today.

keemcfc said:
....................Given....................
Zabaleta...Richards...Kompany...Garrido/Sylvinho

..................de Jong..................
.......Ireland..............Barry.........
Bellamy...........................Petrov
...................Tévez..................

Bench

Taylor,

Garrido/Sylvinho,
Academy,

SWP? or Academy,
Weiss,

Ball or other academy,
Robinho.

This is obviously the formaion we should stick with as both matches under Mancini have started 4-4-2 and when they change to 4-3-3 we start scoring and defending better.

I would be tempted to take a risk and start Robinho against the scum, especially in s Semi final, as I think that he would come alive in big matches like this, but it would be a big risk in playing him.

Robinho must be a bit pissed off, all these players injured and its Garrido getting match time!

To give credit to him though, he did come on last night and set up the icing on the cake goal...

Right, attempt number two, lol.

Richards.....Vieira.....Kompany.....Garrido (Will Lescott/Bridge/Onuoha be fit by then?)

...................de Jong..................
.........Ireland.............Barry......... (If Ireland is'nt fit put Zab at RB, Micah CB and Vieira CM)
SWP...............................Bellamy
....................Tévez...................

But I really do want to put Robinho in that team as he should shine in matches like this...

So maybe:

Richards.....Vieira.....Kompany.....Garrido (Will Lescott/Bridge/Onuoha be fit by then?)

......de Jong......Ireland/Barry........
SWP............Robinho.........Bellamy
...................Tévez....................

I Know this is not the place to post this request but I'm trying all bases.

I'm looking for two tickets for this match. Basically just got okay from boss to have time off. I live down south now.

Any help greatly appreciated

depends on who's fit, but I like the look of this team

richards - kompany - boyata - garrido
---------zab----de jong----barry-------
petrov---------------------------bellamy
------------------tevez-------------------

it's similar to a system that mancini played at inter. kind of combines the 'compact' midfield and lots of width up front. looks defensive, but the idea is that garrido would be free to get forward at will, to combine with bellamy and barry down the left. likewise, richards would be almost a centre-half, and zab bomb forward. we could conceivably attack with 3 down either wing, but still have at least three defenders and probably two of the midfielders in place to soak up the counter-counter-attack. get tevez running at the centre halves, suck the whole utd defence into the middle, with either bellamy or petrov on the shoulder of their fullback, and you are laughing. alternatively spread the play wide, then have the wingers cut in with the ball and run at the space between the fullback and centre half.

bizzbo said:
depends on who's fit, but I like the look of this team

richards - kompany - boyata - garrido
---------zab----de jong----barry-------
petrov---------------------------bellamy
------------------tevez-------------------
Personally I would prefer Vieira to Boyota in central defence for such a big game. Boyota can play against Blackburn or Everton. Am sure that Vieira is versatile enough and his 6ft 3ins presence will give us extra height at the back.

Think I'll get over the hills to come watch this.

I've never seen a derby yet..so about time I sorted it :-)

Reckon we'll do it...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.