City v West Ham at Vue cinemas

Plain Speaking

I saw our game tomorrow was being shown at Vue cinemas. I contacted them to find out which ones. I was hoping it might be shown at my local Altrincham Vue cinema.
They sent me the list for fans interested:
Aberdeen, Bolton, Bristol - longwell green - Cheshire Oaks (Chester) - Edinburgh Ocean - Gateshead - Glasgow - Hamilton - Leeds - The light - Fulham - Westend - Westfield stratford and shep bush - Manchester printworks and quayside - Portsmouth - Reading - Romford - Sheffield - Thanet - Watford

I asked if it was too late to include Altrincham as well, will post if I get a positive response.

It should be on in the pub too! I'm "The only Blue in the Village" watching in East London.

The Times has an article about it, I have copied part of it:
"Fans will be able to watch West Ham United’s match against Manchester City this weekend in a cinema just a stone’s throw from where the match will be taking place in an empty stadium.
The game on Saturday is being screened in several Vue cinemas including in the Westfield Stratford centre a few minutes’ walk from the ground, which will be able to admit more than 100 fans paying £6.99 each.
The inconsistency of allowing matches to be shown indoors in cinemas but not for limited numbers of fans to sit outdoors at stadiums has been raised in the House of Lords by Lord Pendry, the president of the Football Foundation.
Pendry told The Times: “This vividly illustrates the complete and utter nonsense of the situation. I intend to get a full debate on this in the House of Lords.”
It is not the first time Premier League matches have been screened in cinemas this season but no screening has taken place so close to the venue before. In the EFL, some clubs have been showing matches on screens in hospitality areas of their grounds with spectators blocked from actually viewing the action on the pitch.
In a response to an urgent question submitted by Pendry about bringing football stadiums into line with concert venues, Baroness Barran, a DCMS minister with responsibility for sports’ recovery from the pandemic, said it was “not the right time to make further easements”.
She said: “We are committed to getting spectators back in stadiums as soon as it is safe to do so. We will continue to work closely with a whole range of sports, including football, to understand the latest thinking that might allow spectators to return.”
Eduardo Leal, Vue Cinemas’ head of screen content, said: “We will broadcast a selection of BT Sports fixtures each weekend with the specific match details to be announced in the days prior.
“In order to maximise the safety of everyone attending, shouting and chanting will not be permitted, and customers will be reminded of this upon entry.”
Fans watching the match in the cinemas will have to wear face masks when not eating or drinking.
Last week the culture secretary Oliver Dowden said he “accepted people’s frustration at the inconsistency” but that the decision to exclude sports fans from stadiums but allow cinema screenings and concerts to take place was taken on the advice of scientists."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.