City v West Ham CoC Semi-Final 1st Leg Post Match Thread

I don't post v often but feel compelled to after last night for the reasons I set out below. In many ways, it is games like last night's even more so than the 6-1, 4-1, 6-3 etc etc that blow my mind as to just how far we have come. I remember Lomas moving to WHam (like Flitcroft to BBurn and Distin to Portsmouth) because at the time they were a higher ranked club with better prospects and better pay and, to be frank, it was hard to say they weren't right to do so. To see us now at times literally strolling to a 6-0 thrashing of such a team is frankly surreal. I don't care how bad the Hammers were, that was just an incredible performance to watch. I will now be taking my 3 kids to their 3rd Cup Final - the eldest is only 13 and her first game was a 1-1 draw at Fulham (we live in London) in 2005. If you'd told me then etc etc I would have thought you mad or drunk (or given it was away probably both). I'd say enjoy it while you can but it's really not going away is it?

Chippy_boy said:
Harsh, Billy. I didn't "find" anything not good enough and as I said in my post it wasn't remotely evident last night.

And I did say it was one of the best, if not the best, performances from City I have ever seen. I was just wanting to remind people before they have mentally banked us doing the quadruple that we are not invincible. We have lost, with calamity defending this season, WITH Kompany playing you know,

I'm just far more confident than you and believe you should be a little more confident too. We are currently breaking records and playing arguably the best football in Europe. The fact that I still have to read "yeah but our defending is blah blah blah" gets on my tits. Apologies but I'm just being honest and it's not personal to you :)

w4hammer said:
stunned....not just that we out in town until 4 am last night...just a bit ......numb really...

Its hard to be objective when you are universally crap and youve just been whacked by a side which would probably win the world cup.

I think a few of our player broke sweat, that apart, I cant think we did much more than pick the ball out of the net.

All we've got left is a bunch of lads in the stands who will give their all , although patience is wearing very thin now., now

We are truly awfull and doomed- four of five loaners this transfer window wont save us. Doncaster it is for us next season..

You lot, on the other hand clinincal, classy and at another level...

Enjoy your time in the sun and the final (s) and trophies , you've earnt it, you won the lottery you lucky luck lucky *****.

IRONs

That's what I like about you lot.Decent fans,no frills.Was in the traps at a Barca v Getafi match and City had just been embarrassed the previous week 3.0.A WH fan was having a piss next to me and I had my hat on...had me in stitches by the time we came out,got some funny looks mind.

Last night was embarrassing for you I really did feel for you....coming down here on a pisswet Wednesday night knowing full well the outcome.Takes guts or stupidity,not sure which.

I'm convinced our style of play this season is one of the reasons we wanted Pellegrini so much, and that it came initially from Tixi and Ferran. We are creating a "City" brand of football similar to what Barca have done. We're certainly not a dull team to watch.

So home and away we're gonna try to play the same way, to keep going at teams, keep scoring goals, and to never "shut up shop".

It may be why we've found it harder away from home this season. Other clubs go away from home to do a job, stop the opposition playing and slowly get control of the game, whereas we are open and going for it from the first minute. We are getting better away from home too and I think we'll hand out at least one big stuffing away from home before the season is out, the swamp or Emirates would be the place to do it.

So not only do we support a club that wants to win every game these days, we support a club that wants to win every game in style and I don't think I've ever enjoyed watching football as much as I enjoy watching those super blues at The Etihad this season, long may it continue!

BillyShears said:
Chippy_boy said:
Harsh, Billy. I didn't "find" anything not good enough and as I said in my post it wasn't remotely evident last night.

And I did say it was one of the best, if not the best, performances from City I have ever seen. I was just wanting to remind people before they have mentally banked us doing the quadruple that we are not invincible. We have lost, with calamity defending this season, WITH Kompany playing you know,

I'm just far more confident than you and believe you should be a little more confident too. We are currently breaking records and playing arguably the best football in Europe. The fact that I still have to read "yeah but our defending is blah blah blah" gets on my tits. Apologies but I'm just being honest and it's not personal to you :)
But could you not see the difference last night to numerous other games where we've just allowed teams to walk through our midfield and get a shot at our goal? How can you not be far more content with the way we were closing down any attacking opportunities last night compared to home games against Hull or Palace in the league (as just two examples)? How can you think that people with the view that was a problem in other games is something to get on your tits? Christ you mention Mancini every fifth page on the forum and you have Mancini undertones to posts on every third page, that gets on my tits! Defensively, compared to many other games were like chalk and cheese to last night. From front to back we were actually defending properly for one of the very few times it's happened all season. Last night is how i want us to play, that hasn't been seen a great deal all season, and not at all away from home yet in the Prem. It's not about us scoring 6, it was the way we shut all doors at almost all opportunities. It is as important as the excellent movement and quick tempo passing when we've previously been at our best in other games.

TCIB said:
Thank you kippaxblue, always have a look at your site :)

@W4hammer, just keep your chin up mate.
I did not see your match at the weekend but said to my mate "has sam checked out yet" and the answer was a "yer he is mate".
He has checked out of that job in his mind and you lads need him gone.

I hope your owners buck the trend and cut loose now.

Good luck for the rest of the season mate.

You have got to say Allardyce completely balls it up with his team selection for the Forest game. He should have picked a stronger team for that one knowing that us at our place is the next game. The thing is his young team got beat badly by Forest then last night they were in a corner against us. He has no need to rest players really so he should have played his strongest teams for both games. Goes to show to much chewing gum kills brain cells.

Will the derby at the swamp be put forward as we're scheduled to play in the final only on day after. That's if we end up playing Sunderland that is.

markyboyblue said:
TCIB said:
Thank you kippaxblue, always have a look at your site :)

@W4hammer, just keep your chin up mate.
I did not see your match at the weekend but said to my mate "has sam checked out yet" and the answer was a "yer he is mate".
He has checked out of that job in his mind and you lads need him gone.

I hope your owners buck the trend and cut loose now.

Good luck for the rest of the season mate.

You have got to say Allardyce completely balls it up with his team selection for the Forest game. He should have picked a stronger team for that one knowing that us at our place is the next game. The thing is his young team got beat badly by Forest then last night they were in a corner against us. He has no need to rest players really so he should have played his strongest teams for both games. Goes to show to much chewing gum kills brain cells.
He did have a need to rest players because they already have about eight first teamers out injured including their best players and the cups are not what's important to the Hammers right now.

To be honest, if West Ham beat Cardiff i'd say it has been an excellent week for West Ham. The most important thing for them is Prem survival, they can worry about the cups in seasons when they're not worrying about the league. So they can put the two cup games behind them now and concentrate on the Prem; this weekend against Cardiff and in Feb they play about four teams from down the bottom.

pominoz said:
Not sure if this will work overseas, but good watch for Aussie blues.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9107293/manchester-city-6-0-west-ham" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9 ... 0-west-ham</a>

'kin brilliant, here one Aussie Blue that appreciates that link.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.