City Victory Parade - 2022/23

I’ve never seen anything like it. I was stood at the bottom of deansgate/ the arndale and it was rammed.

It started to absolutely piss it down and thousands were singing. Going through the arndale with everyone singing was incredible.

View attachment 83131
Was stood right near here. Your right going back through the arndale with thousands of blues as it pissed down was unbelievable.

All the oldies are having a good moan cos it rained a bit and young fans were boisterous Jesus Christ give it a rest lads

Cheer up you miserable old sods, everyone had a great time, massive turn out, unbridled joy in the streets, players and staff going mental on the bus and three trophies to show off. Parades don’t get any better than that.

Bringing players on stage to be asked banal questions by media wannabes isn’t what parades are all about really so an early finish was no loss

I'm sure you'd agree that making little kids cry isn't being boisterous it's being a twat. On that basis I don't think they are moaning about either the rain or the boisterous fans, they are moaning about poor organisation and a (hopefully small) proportion of our fans combining to make their children/grandchildren not feel safe and spoiling the event for them, which seems pretty reasonable to me.

Went with neighbours daughter, who was meant to be revising, but as Mrs JASR said - ‘it’s a one in a lifetime thing’ so she was allowed to go as well.
Tram in was sloooow and about 35c. There was an older guy having flashbacks to his Istanbul journey.
Got off tram at St Peter’s, turned left and headed towards deansgate. loads of room, opposite Sainsbury’s local. Large family and friends group of all ages behind us. One climbed the traffic lights and said he’d done it at that light every parade. Long wait as with everyone else for stuff to happen, but no issues whatsoever.
Was dead lucky that buses stopped just in front of us (as per pics).
Afterwards was heading towards oxford street screen, saw the mass of people … that did look a lot… and then the biblical happened , so sheltered under the arches of central library, then tried to access Oxford street - vip entrance, so walked around further, through gated residential area and got in with good view of a screen.
Only realised it was a restricted area a bit later, when saw people coming over the now presumably locked gates.
Watched the screen, sang the songs… then absolute bellend in all black climbed up and knocked the screen so it disappeared partly back into its transport, and killed it. He Got a small set of abuse of ‘what a wanker’ by those that spotted what had happened. And they were correct.
Could just about see another screen by stage, and saw the trophies arrive on it, then that went off as well :-(

So…saw some dickheads , and one complete bellend who killed the screen for the many thousands watching in that area, but didn’t see or witness the other stuff people have been saying

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.