City Vs Arsenal Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champions2012!

What does everybody think?
Personally I think they're going to be exhausted from the game against Napoli and their squad depth is nowhere near ours.

Add to that the fact we're playing at fortress Etihad and it's looking to become a great weekend for us.

Re: Arsenal game

Champions2012! said:
What does everybody think?
Personally I think they're going to be exhausted from the game against Napoli and their squad depth is nowhere near ours.

Add to that the fact we're playing at fortress Etihad and it's looking to become a great weekend for us.

Sadly, I tend to agree but hoping you're wrong. As a Gooner, I'll be at the Etihad in with the away fans.

PS shouldn't this be in the match day forum?

It's the most difficult Prem. match City have had so far. But that's true for Arsenal too. If Silva is fit he'll make the difference. City 2-1.

Ali Benarbia said:
It's the most difficult Prem. match City have had so far. But that's true for Arsenal too. If Silva is fit he'll make the difference. City 2-1.

We'll be knackered after arriving back Thursday morning from Napoli.

You'll win more comfortably than that.

it will be a kick up the arse 'no pun intended' for them they think there on the way to beoming champions,3 pts in it on sat

They can't really afford to play a weakened team, but they do have quite a bit of scope to rotate players and still put out a strong side. They have a lo more experience in Europe than we do.

Take their midfield: Rosicky, Arteta WIlshere, Ozil, The Ox, Ramsey. Cazorla, Flamini and Frimpong

There might be a couple of injuries there, but who are the reserves? In contrast City would struggle with the "B" players eg at Newcastle in the League Cup. It's up front where we have 4 or 5 top class forwards, but elsewhere the City A team players are strong, but the B players are not so good.

Marvin said:
They can't really afford to play a weakened team, but they do have quite a bit of scope to rotate players and still put out a strong side. They have a lo more experience in Europe than we do.

Take their midfield: Rosicky, Arteta WIlshere, Ozil, The Ox, Ramsey. Cazorla, Flamini and Frimpong

There might be a couple of injuries there, but who are the reserves? In contrast City would struggle with the "B" players eg at Newcastle in the League Cup. It's up front where we have 4 or 5 top class forwards, but elsewhere the City A team players are strong, but the B players are not so good.

its a good job we have a meaningless freindly tomo bayern 2 city 0, city 4 arsenal 0

Our defence has had a lot of dodgy moments in games and got away with them.

I think we just need to keep Arsenal down to no more than one goal, I can't see them stopping us scouring a couple on current form.

marco said:
Marvin said:

its a good job we have a meaningless freindly tomo, city 4 arsenal 0
Much as I think most fans would like City to take it easy, the profile of this game means that we wont

The players have a lot of pride too. This is what they are in the game for, to play at places like Bayern Munich in the Champions League. When it comes to Kick Off they'll be well up for it and so will you. I can see Pellegrini resting a few players, but not that many. It's possible he may play quite a tactical defensive game, rather than go head to head with them, and try and nick it and at the same time conserve some energy for Saturday.

Piegilles said:
Ali Benarbia said:

We'll be knackered after arriving back Thursday morning from Napoli.

You'll win more comfortably than that.

the vast majority of city fans have lived through the utter shit years so we`re natural pessimists

in the shit years our gallows humour and bloody mindedness go us through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.