City vs. Arsenal Ullevi (Gothenburg) 7 Aug. Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that squad list for the game tomorrow shows how with one or two injuries we are light in terms of quality back up in key areas of midfield (not the creative side of but the holding/conntrol element of midfield) as well as defence and attack.

I love the way we have gone about buying young players with huge potential but none of them solve the problems we had last year. We still need a quality midfielder ( I don't rate delph or fernando) and a quality centre half. Looking at the attacking options the only guaranteed goals are from Kun. (Nacho for me is still hugely raw and Nolito isn't proven for me; he is a converted wide player......sterling's worst attribute is his finishing and Navas is just poor)

Hopefully we will get stones which will solve the defensive issues but the fact that Kolorov is still here is worrying. I cant believe he hasn't been moved on.

Tosin at present for me isn't good enough to play regularly at premiership level even though he has looked good for a lad of his age in the pre season friendlies (baring one awful cross field pass on the edge of his own area!)

Was relying on Otamendi for the start of the season. His absence would be a blow.

I think that squad list for the game tomorrow shows how with one or two injuries we are light in terms of quality back up in key areas of midfield (not the creative side of but the holding/conntrol element of midfield) as well as defence and attack.

I love the way we have gone about buying young players with huge potential but none of them solve the problems we had last year. We still need a quality midfielder ( I don't rate delph or fernando) and a quality centre half. Looking at the attacking options the only guaranteed goals are from Kun. (Nacho for me is still hugely raw and Nolito isn't proven for me; he is a converted wide player......sterling's worst attribute is his finishing and Navas is just poor)

Hopefully we will get stones which will solve the defensive issues but the fact that Kolorov is still here is worrying. I cant believe he hasn't been moved on.

Tosin at present for me isn't good enough to play regularly at premiership level even though he has looked good for a lad of his age in the pre season friendlies (baring one awful cross field pass on the edge of his own area!)

Can't argue with any of that, although Delph looks like a player reborn pre-season. The centre half and centre forward positions are a real concern for me as things stand, especially the near total reliance on Kun up top

Got to be honest mate.....I was also a little concerned when I looked at the squad we've taken for tomorrow's game...If this is the squad we take into the season,it really does shows how important a Stones signing is in my opinion!;) Just the thought of seeing Kolarov at CB is enough for me to give Everton 5mil extra to get the deal done!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.