City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

Thought we played ok but the red was a killer and 10 men against Barce is tough. We might as well go all out over there and if we get an early goal you never know. The Kun should be back and the pressure will be off. I'm looking forward to the trip to Barce regardless - Im sure well put in a good show over there.

Begbie said:
i tried to make a new topic about how shite the support were tonight...it got merged or deleted dunno which......

the support were shite tonight

Why don't you just fcuk off.

kp789 said:
Begbie said:
i tried to make a new topic about how shite the support were tonight...it got merged or deleted dunno which......

Thanks for your support!
City have got my support...the fucking lambs at the Etihad tonight havent

Begbie said:

You prick

For the most part, when it was 11 v 11 I thought we coped with them pretty well. They retain possession exceptionally well, but we knew that - it's Barcelona FFS.

They had a great opening 10 minutes but couldn't break us down. For the rest of the first half it was balls over the top they couldn't get on the end of or pot shots from distance, neither of which were especially troubling. When we had 11 on the pitch they didn't open us up once prior to the penalty incident.

As soon as Messi scored if someone had said "I'll give you 2-0 now" I would have taken it as I feared 3 or 4. As it is, we go to the Nou Camp with a chance - not much of a chance, I grant you, but a chance. If it's 0-0 at half time, and we score the first goal in the second half, it's game on. We aren't out of it yet.

The positive I take from this game is that we can go toe to toe with the very best in the world. Sometimes we will get beaten, sometimes we won't. Sometimes things will go our way, sometimes they won't. Every team in Europe will want to avoid Manchester City.

It looks like we are heading out of this year's competition, but make no mistake, we have arrived at Europe's top table and we are here to stay.

Shirley said:
Begbie said:

Why don't you just fcuk off.
Why dont you realise we have fucking nil support compared to lesser teams...bury your head in the sand all you want

We were properly beaten tonight. Dodgy penalty aside, given that they had a legal goal disallowed and a clear penalty denied, we were beaten by a better side, but not by much.

I don't know whether Pellegrini is blinded by some long-standing loyalty to MDM, but if 100,000 City fans can see how he's not up to it, why can't the Engineer? I also think that we've seen that Clichy simply isn't a CL-class LB, and that Lescott should leave the club because his quality isn't appreciated by the management. I'd hate to see that happen, but who couldn't wish him well?

The return in the Camp Nou should see Pellegrini just let the team have its head. Nothing to lose and with Kun back, we could score and make it a wild evening. Barca are not unbeatable, and a team with no glaring weaknesses in central defence could and would make them pay. As a Spanish resident, I love Barca (about 50% less than I love City) but cannot see this side as CL champions again.

Great night of football, despite the result, and City shouldn't beat themselves up too much. We were beaten by the better side on the night and there's no disgrace in that.

Begbie said:

Fuck off rag.

Begbie said:
kp789 said:
Begbie said:

Thanks for your support!
City have got my support...the fucking lambs at the Etihad tonight havent

Change the record pal, you're constantly repeating yourself.

"Martino admits he was 'surprised' Pellegrini picked Kolarov on the left. Says he was expecting Silva and Nasri out wide."

Again, just proves it even more, added with Vinnies comments about showing them too much respect... Pellegrini didn't have the balls or belief to go at them. Not until it actually went tits up, where we just happened to actually look a better side. What good is it going into these games if we believe we're not fit to lace the oppositions boots? The rolling of the red carpet for Messi and the tedious fawning over them completely brainwashed everyone into thinking we don't deserve to be on the same field as them, same happened with Bayern. Had this been the days of Vassell and Danny Mills I might have actually got my head round it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.