City vs Bayern Post Match Thread

mrtwiceaseason said:
I'm sure I'm on my own but my m.o.m was mangala who I thought was brilliant tonight ?

Recovered from giving away a needless free kick for their equaliser.

We did what has been done to us so many times - ruthlessly exploited mistakes and took our precious chances. Fantastic. First time City have really looked like an elite CL unit. Obviously Bayern are still a better team I think, the result doesn't change that (especially as they played with 10), but it could be a serious moment for us in Europe if we follow it up in Rome.

Rösler von Stretfordbömber said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
I'm sure I'm on my own but my m.o.m was mangala who I thought was brilliant tonight ?

You're not quite on your own. I don't fancy anyone other than an Argie after whom I will name my firstborn son as man of the match. But I agree with you as to Mangala having an excellent match on balance.

Aguero of course was the standout but yes Eliaquim made some pin-point 40 yard passes up field which unlocked Bayerns defence at crucial moments for us. We definitely need to do this more often in the Premier League if teams are putting 10 men behind the ball and we're finding it difficult to break them down. Very solid tonight indeed, still getting stick off twitter though apparently for being at fault for their 2nd, whereas in actual fact it was Sagna who failed to head it clear...some people eh.

I thought generally we were bloody awful tonight. Thank fuck for Sergio, practically a one man team.

Our midfield is piss poor, none of them good enough for where we want to go - not one of the 5 that played tonight would get within a million miles of Bayern's first 11.

About time though that we had the rub of the green in a Chumps game.

Thoroughly enjoyable feeling.

Hart 5
Sagna 7 ( Zaba 7)
Clichy 8
Kompany 8
Mangala 6
Fernando 7
Navas 7
Lampard 7
Milner 6 (Jovetic 8)
Nasri 7
Aguero 11 (Demi ?)

west didsblue said:
Hart 5
Sagna 7 ( Zaba 7)
Clichy 8
Kompany 8
Mangala 6
Fernando 7
Navas 7
Lampard 7
Milner 6 (Jovetic 8)
Nasri 7
Aguero 11 (Demi ?)

Sagna was about a 5
Mangala 8 ( tell me a tackle he lost?)
Fernando 6
Milner 5
Nasri 5

Apart from that I agree with you

People bemoaning the performance were watching a different game to me. Bar 5 minutes before half time that was a nigh on perfect European performance. Grit, passion, pressing and clinical. That's the best we've ever pressed a top side. You don't dominate Bayern, whoever you are, you work hard and hit them on the counter or force a mistake in their third.

Aguero is unbelievable.

Mangala will undoubtedly come good.

I wish we'd signed Super Frank years ago. Still got it.

Clichy is rediscovering form. Excellent today.

If Navas would ever take his man on he'd be right up there with the best wingers in the game.

Whenever it really, really counts this team digs in. Fantastic character.

LoveCity said:
We did what has been done to us so many times - ruthlessly exploited mistakes and took our precious chances. Fantastic. First time City have really looked like an elite CL unit. Obviously Bayern are still a better team I think, the result doesn't change that (especially as they played with 10), but it could be a serious moment for us in Europe if we follow it up in Rome.

Have to say LC I don't agree - Don't think there was anything elite looking about us bar Sergio. We went 2-1 down to 10 men, in the CL especially with our previous record that's as ridiculous as it is unforgivable. Like Rammy says above, not a single man in our midfield today would get into Bayerns side, I still think we're a long way off and Aguero is a god among men. The whole team should be giving him at least a weeks wages. We were 120 seconds away from this site disappearing into a black hole.

west didsblue said:
Hart 5
Sagna 7 ( Zaba 7)
Clichy 8
Kompany 8
Mangala 6
Fernando 7
Navas 7
Lampard 7
Milner 6 (Jovetic 8)
Nasri 7
Aguero 11 (Demi ?)

file.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.