City vs. Borussia Mönchengladbach pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vienna_70

Team supported
Treble Winners 2022/23.
i wouldn't be surprised to see Sané start this one. He needs the match time, so maybe an hour or so.

Also, the 'Gladbach players will know him from the Bundesliga and will be terrified of his pace.

Bravo

................Stones........................Kolarov

Zabaleta...................................................Clichy

.........................Fernandinho

.................de Bruyne...................Silva

Sterling..................Agüero....................................Sané

Mönchengladbach suffered a disappointing defeat to Freiburg, while we're coming off a huge win. They've done well against Pep's Bayern though, so it will be interesting how things play out.

DeBruyne looked knackered.. He maybe rested for Gundagon perhaps?
I too am concerned for kbd, but also silva and fernadinho, they all put a heck of a shift in today. A lot of people will be saying play them for the bmg game and then rest them for the Bournemouth game, but it could send a message of complacency which could be an issue after such an excellent start. But I guess much like most fans we can just say 'it's pep' no need to worry, pretty sure he knows what to do, we shall see.

The games can't come quick enough at the moment!

--------------------Bravo
Sagna-----Stones-------Otamendi-----Kolarov
-----------------Fernandinho
------De Bruyne*-------------Silva*
Sterling-------------Aguero--------------Sane

*De Bruyne or Silva may need a rest, Gundogan may get some minutes, Fernando may come in.

I'd also give Sane a start if he's fit enough, Nolito may need a rest after putting a shift in today. Vinny may also get some minutes.

We need to play a strong team and gets some points on the board, this is an important game. Not a game for chopping and changing and with it being at home on Tuesday, the players will get plenty of rest before Bournemouth.

Mönchengladbach suffered a disappointing defeat to Freiburg, while we're coming off a huge win. They've done well against Pep's Bayern though, so it will be interesting how things play out.

The way they play works better against ball possession teams than against small teams like Freiburg. Even if they last year were a team that could play with possession, too. You should have more problems against them as you had in the first half today as they really are very good organized with their pressing - and they have capable players for counter attacks with Hazard, Hahn, Raffael etc.

Last edited:
I too am concerned for kbd, but also silva and fernadinho, they all put a heck of a shift in today. A lot of people will be saying play them for the bmg game and then rest them for the Bournemouth game, but it could send a message of complacency which could be an issue after such an excellent start. But I guess much like most fans we can just say 'it's pep' no need to worry, pretty sure he knows what to do, we shall see.

Fernandinhos an engine I think he'll be fine however it should be interesting to see if both kdb and silva will play, personally I think sane and gundogan will play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.