City vs Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the feeling of a huge fixture, dropped points at home against chelsea and arsenal wouldn't be good for our title chances- 6 points from those 2 would be great preparation for away at liverpool. Think we need a decent run, couple of scrappy 2-1s last couple weeks has been positive but performances have been a long way off what we're capable of.
Of course but they have been in the middle of Champions League games, international week etc. In the real world you fly for a month or two if you are lucky and grind most of the games out because you're inevitably playing below par.

The problem City have is that we concede too many soft goals so cheaply against teams that offer very little and we don't quite have the goals potential we used to. Players like Sterling, and maybe Gabriel Jesus have to up their goal output, because we're very reliant on 2-3 players for goals. Much more so than we have in the past. I haven't checked that out, but it's my feeling that Aguero and De Bruyne are getting the lion share of our goals at the moment when 3-4 years ago we had nasri, Toure, Aguero, Dzeko, Balotelli, quite a few goal scorers. It was very difficult to stop City from scoring. Now our no. of mathc-winners is much reduced. We have very creative players, but visiting teams come to City now, stick 2 central defenders on Aguero and we struggle.

It's won on the flanks, Kante will be a spare part in this one...

I'd be targeting there wing backs personally, Kev could see a lot of ball in behind Moses and alonso, his quality should shine through!!

2-1 city

IMO This match is perfect for High and wide fullbacks. If Moses and Alonso get dragged into marking Sagna/Kolarov then we can get at their wide CB's. Cahill isn't comfortable when he comes out wide, so I think Sterling would have a field day there, and Azpilicueta isn't a CB, he will make mistakes.

Sunderland created more than a few opportunities by stretching their back 3, they just didn't have the quality to take advantage. I think Pep will win this one before the whistle goes.

Just seen the minutes silence in training today seems Fernandinho didn't look like he was training today? Hope I'm wrong

Crazy to think we haven't won at home in the League since 17th of September. This match is very much about the first goal. They will want to try and play us on the counter, if we score first they'll have to come out and play us. We really need to pass quickly and accurately and work out how to stretch and get in behind them.

A few selection dilemmas as well do we play one of KdB or Silva wide to accommodate Gundogan, does Yaya play, does Fernando play and Clichy or Kolarov.

IMO This match is perfect for High and wide fullbacks. If Moses and Alonso get dragged into marking Sagna/Kolarov then we can get at their wide CB's. Cahill isn't comfortable when he comes out wide, so I think Sterling would have a field day there, and Azpilicueta isn't a CB, he will make mistakes.

Sunderland created more than a few opportunities by stretching their back 3, they just didn't have the quality to take advantage. I think Pep will win this one before the whistle goes.

Agree, although I think Moses and alonso may be told to sit, rather than bomb... If they come to play, we'll win and win well!

If Chelsea don't sit back and push the fb forward I am confident we can win this.

However, I am not sure these are the tactics Conte will adopt which will obviously make the task more difficult. However, we must try and pass quicker and the midfield needs to support Kun with able runners in the box

Looking forward to the game and time we beat a top 4 rival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.