City vs Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Chelsea are already on 7 now, aren't they?

Think you're underestimating the individual class in Chelsea's team a bit mate. Yes City is superior, but only just, imho if we compare 1 v 1 in a 343 system:

Bravo < Courtois (0-1)
Kolarov > Cahill (1-1)
Otamendi < Luiz (1-2) (*)
Stones > Azpilicueta (2-2)
Sterling > Alonso (3-2)
Zabaleta < Moses (3-3)
Fernandinho = Kanté (3-3)
De Bruyne > Matic (4-3)
Silva = Hazard (4-3)
Nolito = Pedro (4-3)
Agüero > Costa (5-3)

(*) "Chat sh**" about Luiz all you like, but in this formation, as a leader and organizer of a 3-man-defence, I think he's brilliant.

And I don't think many chavs will agree Hazard is not superior to Silva and Costa is inferior to Agüero ...

So make no mistake both as a team and individually, Chelsea are going to be extremely difficult to beat.

All individual opinions that I wont argue against, but I just don't see them as this all-conquering side that many do since they've changed to 3-4-3
I simply think we are going to click again soon, and I've seen this chelsea squad (formation or not) get slapped at Arsenal inside 30 mins and I remember Conte standing there desolate not having a clue what to answer with when Ozil made it 3-0.
You won't convince me Luiz is a leader of men nor a brilliant defender, back 3 or not, and Cahill is a genuine liability without Terry by his side (in my opinion)
The Luiz one is a bit like Kolarov for me. They are both technically as good as any defenders out there in terms of their passing ability and technique, but they're more great footballers than great players; for me there is a difference anyway!

Really looking forward to this game, nervous and excited at the same time

Super Kev is due a goal and Serge seems to have a good record against them. Need to be aware of the counter attack especially with Hazard.

Think this will be a tight game 1 goal either way

All individual opinions that I wont argue against, but I just don't see them as this all-conquering side that many do since they've changed to 3-4-3
I simply think we are going to click again soon, and I've seen this chelsea squad (formation or not) get slapped at Arsenal inside 30 mins and I remember Conte standing there desolate not having a clue what to answer with when Ozil made it 3-0.
You won't convince me Luiz is a leader of men nor a brilliant defender, back 3 or not, and Cahill is a genuine liability without Terry by his side (in my opinion)
The Luiz one is a bit like Kolarov for me. They are both technically as good as any defenders out there in terms of their passing ability and technique, but they're more great footballers than great players; for me there is a difference anyway!
fair enough, just not a team to underestimate was my main point

I think Chelsea are already on 7 now, aren't they?

Think you're underestimating the individual class in Chelsea's team a bit mate. Yes City is superior, but only just, imho if we compare 1 v 1 in a 343 system:

Bravo < Courtois (0-1)
Kolarov > Cahill (1-1)
Otamendi < Luiz (1-2) (*)
Stones > Azpilicueta (2-2)
Sterling > Alonso (3-2)
Zabaleta < Moses (3-3)
Fernandinho = Kanté (3-3)
De Bruyne > Matic (4-3)
Silva = Hazard (4-3)
Nolito = Pedro (4-3)
Agüero > Costa (5-3)

(*) "Chat sh**" about Luiz all you like, but in this formation, as a leader and organizer of a 3-man-defence, I think he's brilliant.

And I don't think many chavs will agree Hazard is not superior to Silva and Costa is inferior to Agüero ...

So make no mistake both as a team and individually, Chelsea are going to be extremely difficult to beat.

Kante is not close to Fernandinho. Fern has a lot more in his locker than Kante.
Luis has a few more faults in his game than Otta,

I am also pretty sure Pep knows his best eleven in the best formation and he will use it against Chelsea,
He wont have a repeat of Tottenham where he got the tactics and the starting 11 wrong.

He has been changing the formation and line up, looking for what works best with the tools he has got with these Kind of games in mind.
Sometimes this results in mediocre performances. With his reputation I am confident he will get it right most times when it counts.

My prediction - city 2 - 0 chelsea.
How it happened, Pep exposes the Frailties of Chelsea's 3-4-3 formation.
superior tactics.

Saturday's team won't necessarily be his strongest team (as in best 11 if everyone fit) but it will be the strongest team he thinks will beat Chelsea. His strongest team he can pick will vary depending on the opposition. Hope you get my drift.

Kante is not close to Fernandinho. Fern has a lot more in his locker than Kante.
Luis has a few more faults in his game than Otta,

I am also pretty sure Pep knows his best eleven in the best formation and he will use it against Chelsea,
He wont have a repeat of Tottenham where he got the tactics and the starting 11 wrong.

He has been changing the formation and line up, looking for what works best with the tools he has got with these Kind of games in mind.
Sometimes this results in mediocre performances. With his reputation I am confident he will get it right most times when it counts.

My prediction - city 2 - 0 chelsea.
How it happened, Pep exposes the Frailties of Chelsea's 3-4-3 formation.
superior tactics.

I rate Kanté extremely high and I think he's proving it week after week. Immediately after Chelsea announced his signed I said this could be a title winning signing for them. Luckily I also rate Fernandinho extremely high so I put them at the same level, which is a VERY HIGH one!

Luis/Luiz or however you write his name may have a bit more faults than Otamendi but he makes up for it with intelligence, charisma & way better feet.

And finding out Conte on a tactical level will prove very difficult, but I can't blame you for being a positive blue! :)

Saturday's team won't necessarily be his strongest team (as in best 11 if everyone fit) but it will be the strongest team he thinks will beat Chelsea. His strongest team he can pick will vary depending on the opposition. Hope you get my drift.

Are you saying that we don't actually have a best 11 but rather the manager will pick 11 players on a game by game basis in relation to who we are facing?
This is not unreasonable but it is probably true that any team picked against top competition will most likely always contain a core of 6 or 7 players when fit.

Interesting this Kante vs Fernandinho comparison
If you're team comparisons boil down to these two being compared it's a toss up match
Both are excellent
City 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.