City vs Dortmund (Friendly) Post Match Thread

-----------------------Bravo
Bolton------Garcia--------Denayer-----Zinchenko
------------------------Luiz----------------------------
------------Brahim-----------Foden------------------
Mahrez--------------Nmecha--------------Harrison

Thanks. Seems a tad imbalanced.

1. It gave much needed funds to local teams in the lower divisions.
2. The hardcore support could get to the matches.
3. The team could continue to train in familiar surroundings.

Frankly in my opinion it is not moving on, more trying to build up a world wide supporters base. I can see why the Club are doing this but as you probably agree we all have our views on this and in a free society that is the way it should be.
Of course it's moving on, Dortmund and Liverpool, B teams or not, are a far higher level of competition than Oldham and it's important that we challenge ourselves, even in preseason. Putting that aside though, of course it's for commercial reasons and building a world-wide supporter base. In modern football it's not a nice to have, but a necessity, unless you would prefer not being able to spend money each summer?

Further, it's good to give overseas supporters to see a game in person. For almost all of them it's the only chance each will have to see a game, not just this year but over the course of a few years. We are a global club now, City belongs to all of us, not just those who can make their way to a preseason friendly in Rochdale.

Of course it's moving on, Dortmund and Liverpool, B teams or not, are a far higher level of competition than Oldham and it's important that we challenge ourselves, even in preseason. Putting that aside though, of course it's for commercial reasons and building a world-wide supporter base. In modern football it's not a nice to have, but a necessity, unless you would prefer not being able to spend money each summer?

Further, it's good to give overseas supporters to see a game in person. For almost all of them it's the only chance each will have to see a game, not just this year but over the course of a few years. We are a global club now, City belongs to all of us, not just those who can make their way to a preseason friendly in Rochdale.

Do both like Liverpool have? Play locally & in the champions cup

Do both like Liverpool have? Play locally & in the champions cup
Sure, no complaints from me there. It just bothers me when certain supporters completely discount the idea that perhaps other people would like to go to a game also.

How did Sancho play for them?

Just a run out, we didnt have the greatest start to pre season this time last year. Good to read that some kids look like they will make a claim over the next few years.
He could have played extremely well if his decision making was better :)

Was great on the ball but kept dribbling when he should have passed or vice versa. Bolton handled him well though tbf.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.