City vs Dortmund (Friendly) Post Match Thread

@oakiecokie having watched all of it, though, I will say there are likely better things to do with your time.

Watching that as a “City match” is akin to having someone repeatedly punch your back and call it a massage.

And judging by Dortmund’s “challenges” last night, they’d happily oblige such a request.
Thanks SB.Yes I do have better things to do so I take it we were a bit naff ?

Ah thanks blue.It appears that i might be wasting my time watching this display ?
It’s not a fantastic game but worth it if you want to see the kids and fringe players. Interesting to see the development of some academy players and they did in general okay. Dortmund weren’t fantastic either and the score line was unfair vs effort.

Thanks SB.Yes I do have better things to do so I take it we were a bit naff ?
Naff would be harsh.

It was just an unsurprisingly disjointed affair, with some truly woeful refereeing (to the point that it seemed there was some sort of contractual agreement that we would lose the match) and shocking tackling from Dortmund (including one on Luiz that could have ended his season and another on Mahrez that would have been a red—and possibly an extended suspension—in a competitive match), which is more likely to frustrate than entertain.

I also don’t think you actually get to see much that can be used to assess the young lads on show, as few were accustomed to the system or playing with each other (again, to be expected, especially given this was effectively a shop window exercise for half the team). There were a few good performances but, on the whole, not much can be taken from it.

For me, this is squarely in the extended highlights viewing category.

Last edited:
Any idea of the attendance at Soldier Field ?.
I am a bit out of touch - didn't realise we were playing last night. Reading this thread we seem to be playing quite a few kids - against BD.
Did I just read we play 'pool next game ?. Where will that be ?.
Thanks

Thought Bolton played well at rb surprised pep never pushed him up he is one the best crosser in the youth team.

And the clubs are happy to take the money whatever the exposure. Personally i think it’s a complete waste of time but nowadays it seems to be the norm.

Why is the season starting so early? There is no competition at the end of it. Could have been a week later this year easily. Is it to do with winter break?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.