City vs Southampton FA Youth Cup 5th round

Wow, I just missed the assault (correct word to use btw) on Muric. I didn't know that it was the Southampton sub who only came on at half time and straight from KO went through our goalie. Muric was lucky to get away without a worse injury. https://www.facebook.com/mancity/

Yeah, it was a shocking challenge. Their lad was very lucky not to get a red card.

As for the game,other than the usual suspects impressing in midfield....i thought Sadou Diallo was fantastic in the pivot role,he completely bossed the park,looking strong and composed - the type of player we are crying out for,lets hope the progression continues.

You guys (and the club) have so much more patience than me. I'd already be trying to get Sancho, Foden, Diaz, Diallo, Dele-Bashuru, one of the full back options and even Muric on the pitch late in as many games as possible this season. So there would be 2 or 3 youth players on the bench every game.

But then I'm a bit mad. ;-[

Yeah, it was a shocking challenge. Their lad was very lucky not to get a red card.

City youth learning that when they make the first team these kind of tackles are not red card offences against a City player, fucking disgraceful not to be red carded for that.

You guys (and the club) have so much more patience than me. I'd already be trying to get Sancho, Foden, Diaz, Diallo, Dele-Bashuru, one of the full back options and even Muric on the pitch late in as many games as possible this season. So there would be 2 or 3 youth players on the bench every game.

But then I'm a bit mad. ;-[
They are quite young, but I understand your frustration. I would love to see the names above in and around the first team squad next season.
I would be very disappointed to see the likes of Sancho and Foden and Diaz loaned out as seems to be the policy once they've gone past the 18's.
These can all play EDS for quite a few years yet.

Regarding mad ideas.
I've made the point before that Peter Shilton was 16 when he first played for Leicester in 1966 and played against us in the 1969 cup final at age 19.
He replaced Gordon Banks who was England No.1 and a world cup winner. He was sold to Stoke.

I know experience counts for so much at goalkeeping position and goalies tend to mature and reach their peaks at an older age, but look at our current situation.
Instead of forking out Millions to solve the problem that is 'Bravo', I would be in favour of promoting Angus Gunn and the likes of....say Muric for example.
Having two young keepers competing for time on the pitch could keep both on their toes. Also when you get the odd inevitable mistake, it is not such a big deal
dropping to the bench for a while taking you out of the limelight.

Like I said. Another mad idea, but why not? Shilton didn't turn out too bad.

I think Sancho will 100% be included in a First Team squad before the end of this season.

His development has been incredible over the past 12 months and his stats must be ridiculous.

Foden and Brahim have both been rewarded and I think Sancho will be next, and could be the one that goes even further. Yes he's tricky, but he can also cross and shoot so well and combines it with his athleticism.

On Foden, the thing that excites me the most about him is his finishing and ability to get into the box and score. He's not just a pretty player, he has a bit of Scholes (*spits*) about him in that he's clinical and times his runs perfectly. That's a huge asset.

Wow, I just missed the assault (correct word to use btw) on Muric. I didn't know that it was the Southampton sub who only came on at half time and straight from KO went through our goalie. Muric was lucky to get away without a worse injury. https://www.facebook.com/mancity/

Thirty five seconds he'd been on. I think the ref didn't want to get in the GBoRs for the quickest red card of a second half sub!

I think Sancho will 100% be included in a First Team squad before the end of this season.

His development has been incredible over the past 12 months and his stats must be ridiculous.

Foden and Brahim have both been rewarded and I think Sancho will be next, and could be the one that goes even further. Yes he's tricky, but he can also cross and shoot so well and combines it with his athleticism.

On Foden, the thing that excites me the most about him is his finishing and ability to get into the box and score. He's not just a pretty player, he has a bit of DOYLE about him in that he's clinical and times his runs perfectly. That's a huge asset.

Just corrected your heresy, OB!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.