City Vs Spurs Pre Match Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City Vs Spuds Pre Match Discussion thread

Last night v Wigan was a huge result, got the lads back on track made the Spurs game a real incentive to open a gap at the top. If we can win on Sunday 'and we can' then we will be full of confidance going to Anfield.
If can win on Sunday with a clean sheet then its 3 wins in a row and on a nice run again.

Lets get the place rocking on Sunday, it needs to be like the FAC 2nd half only this time we need the backing for 90 mins loud and proud.

City v Tottenham Official Matchday Thread

I'll start by saying City have never lost a match when I have created a Matchday thread so with that logic and it being such a crucial match thought I should try again!

So our opponents; Tottenham, Spuds, Yids, Spurs, Cockerels, Lilywhites, Harrys Homos - call em what you want but the majority will agree that we need to get three points at home against these.

Looking at the League Table it is clear that the title race is clearly between City, Spurs and a team from just outside Manchester!

Statistics show that we are very stong at home in the league; unbeaten this season and banging in 22 goals and conceding only 3!

Spurs have been perfroming very strong and are considered by some pundits as the best on form team. Tottenham are a triffic team and we must dispose of them with lethal finishing.

Most on here will rightly IMO be very concerned about the referee due to the injustice that City have received in the last handful of matches. For this reason I wont allow de Jong anywhere near the starting line up as he has looked wreckless recently (perhaps trying too hard)

One thing that is clear to me is that we need to start quickly and ensure we get on top of Spurs and get the early goal.

"Tottenham have been undefeated in their last 7 matches. Tottenham scored at least one goal in each of their last 20 matches. Tottenham scored at least one goal in 100% of their home matches. Tottenham scored at least one goal in 90% of their away matches. Tottenham have scored the opening goal in 76% of their matches."

Lets look at there away form and perhaps we can expose a weakness that has been shown away at Stoke and Swansea, the pressure is on Spurs

Stoke City 2 - 1 Tottenham
Swansea City 1 - 1 Tottenham

We all know where the danger will come from; Modric, Bale, Lennon, Van Der Vaart and the referee
Adebayor will be missing so I expect to see Pavyluchenko step into that slut!

One thing I know for sure is that Crouch wont be scoring the winner again this year ;)

Spurs likely line up

Friedel
Dawson
Assou-Ekotto
Walker
Kaboul
Parker
Lennon
Bale
Modric
van der Vaart
Pavlyuchenko

edited to remove Adebayor

I believe the key for us will be Dzeko, he loved the last match and maybe looking to bag another 4 goals!

This is how I would like to see this starting line up

Hart (Another MOM required)
Richards (if fit - he is key to how we play)
Savic (Time to show us what you got)
Lescott (You have to be our rock)
Clichy (Going to have to work that left side
Barry (battle to win the midfield)
Milner (Work your socks off)
Zabaleta (Much needed cover down the right hand side)
Silva (Merlin- got the key to unlock the tightest backdoor)
Aguero (Goal and awesomeon workrate required)
Dzeko (Unleash the Monster from 300)

My Prediction - City 2v1

Aguero and Dzeko

Re: City v Tottenham Official Matchday Thread

Eh? You have us playing 12 players and one of them belongs to you?

Anyway- King will play

Defoe will play

We'll be

Friedel

Walker Kaboul King BAE

Lennon Parker Modric Bale

VDV

Defoe

You'll win 2/3-0

- King will play

Defoe will play

We'll be

Friedel

Walker Kaboul King BAE

VDV

Defoe

You'll win 2/3-0

Spurs fan in peace said:
- King will play

Defoe will play

We'll be

Friedel

Walker Kaboul King BAE

VDV

Defoe

You'll win 2/3-0

Hope you are right, but I can see it being a draw, which I would be disappointed with. I don't think there will be a 2 goal margin, whoever wins.

I think you are underestimating your own side here SFiP.

Or maybe a touch of reverse psychology, convincing yourself you will lose, so any other result is great? (I used to do that a lot in the past!)

Bilboblue said:
Spurs fan in peace said:
- King will play

Defoe will play

We'll be

Friedel

Walker Kaboul King BAE

VDV

Defoe

You'll win 2/3-0

Hope you are right, but I can see it being a draw, which I would be disappointed with. I don't think there will be a 2 goal margin, whoever wins.

I think you are underestimating your own side here SFiP.

Or maybe a touch of reverse psychology, convincing yourself you will lose, so any other result is great? (I used to do that a lot in the past!)

You've played 10 won 10 at home yeah? Conceded what 3/4 goals in 10 games. Plus we have no Ade holding up and linking up play which make us flat upfront and Defoe can be easily stifled. Plus if King doesn't make it and I'm hopeful he will Dawson will be DESTROYED by Aguero!

Our only hope is to overrun you in midfield. I'd kill for Sandro to be fit to to play instead of Parker- Stronger, faster, fitter

We need to figure out where we have been going wrong recently - I didn't think last night did that. We are missing the target, and I know that is perhaps just a run of luck or rough patch, but we more worryingly don't seem to know what to do when we haven't got the ball in midfield. We have been reverting to the 'dropping deeper' malarkey when earlier on in the season Bob,s plan was to keep on the front foot. My worry here is that we will struggle in midfield without yaya, last night Silva and Nasri just disappeared for most of the second half and Milner and Barry were overrun.

spurs will put us under more pressure than Wigan did, we need to start hitting the target again I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.