City Vs Spurs Pre Match Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: More nervous than Derby day!

dctid said:
going to be a long long afternoon - would take a shit 0 - 0 draw now - cant see anything other than a Spuds win and having to ensure another media Spuds wankfest

You can't see anything but a spurs win ???, what an unbelievable statement , I'm genuinely shocked by those words we totally butchered them at WHL and we will beat them today, we are better than them full stop, I'm not saying they can't beat us because they can but it's about us and how we play, if we play to our full potential they can't touch us and neither can anyone else in this league.

mike channon´s windmill said:
richards30 said:
I'm shitting it as well!! They've been in fire recently and well we haven't and just think they're gonna nick it 1-0 or 2-1!! Really hope I'm wrong and we get back on form again!
On fire? Draws against Chelsea, Swansea and Wolves and scraping a 1-0er v the Baggies? This is exactly the media hype that becomes the truth.
Nervous about today but if the lads concentrate and put in major shift then only bent refs can stop us but it won´t be easy although I would just love one of those days where our strikers just hit the back of the net with everything. Kun is due such a day

All of this ^^^^^^^^

dctid said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
richards30 said:
I'm shitting it as well!! They've been in fire recently and well we haven't and just think they're gonna nick it 1-0 or 2-1!! Really hope I'm wrong and we get back on form again!
On fire? Draws against Chelsea, Swansea and Wolves and scraping a 1-0er v the Baggies? This is exactly the media hype that becomes the truth.
Nervous about today but if the lads concentrate and put in major shift then only bent refs can stop us but it won´t be easy although I would just love one of those days where our strikers just hit the back of the net with everything. Kun is due such a day

its our midfield that worries me to be honest and the pace of Bale - vant see our midfield holding the ball long enough to create chances

Personally i would consider playing 5 in midfield to counter Modric
We will play 2 DMs and 3 AMs - that´s 5 in midfield by my reckoning. If Nasri, Silva and whoever (Kun/Milner) can´t hold the ball for long enough and threaten then we ARE doomed

Ducado said:
Good grief some of our supporters need grow a pair!

I think we are all nervous Duc but everyone needs to remember WHL. Do you really think Spurs won't be feeling nervous too? City should feed from the result on that day and use it to their advantage.

Iam going 2-1 cITY.

danburge82 said:
I feel the same. This is a much bigger game than the FA Cup game was the other week against them lot (I feel the League Cup semi finals are bigger than that derby the other week, it's a shame I'm on my own with that one!). Well up for today, just hope our team feels the same!
No you're not. If I had been given the choice of winning one of those ties, I'd have picked the Carling s/f. The only spanner in the works is that we were playing the vermin in the FA Cup; if we had been playing anybody else, I think most on here would have preferred to win the s/f.

Not even close. Don't buy the Sky hype. It's bigger for Spurs than us. If we get beat we are still top of the league. If they get beat they are 8 points behind with a nightmare run of games in the next 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.