City Vs Spurs Pre Match Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: More nervous than Derby day!

Nervous? No.

Excited? Yes.

This is no derby game. This is City at home against just another team. One which has been hyped up beyond all reasonable assessment.

Distinctly average and predicatable, they won't know what's hit them if we get hold of the ball.

I take us to win by 3 or 4 and send them home to think again.

Too many people have bought into the myth and don't appreciate City are taking part in this game also.

my word we need to grow a pair chaps,it`s only fucking tottingham for christs sake,twitchy chops has had everything and everyone bar the prime minister trying to talk a result in for them....

aguero will have a field day against these lot today and will be on here later saying i told you so....

danburge82 said:
I feel the same. This is a much bigger game than the FA Cup game was the other week against them lot (I feel the League Cup semi finals are bigger than that derby the other week, it's a shame I'm on my own with that one!). Well up for today, just hope our team feels the same!

Ditto

Our fans seriously need to grow a pair

They should be fucking shitting themselves, not us!

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Match-highlights/2010/August/Spurs-v-City-FULL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Match-highligh ... -City-FULL</a>

richards30 said:
Surely this game is too big for Savic to start? Our defence at mo is the only issue and a point would be better than none? Would defo start Micah at cb at pablo at rb which would make us more solid and Pablo will still get forward!
Hart
Zabaleta
Clichy
Richards
Lescott
Barry
Milner
Nasri
Silva
Aguero
Dzeko
Leave Balo on bench and bring on if required or for a 10min runout for a bit of match time before Wednesday. Think that team above is the strongest we have at mo.

The same team I chose although I'm not the manager of course.

Just feel that although yes he did play pretty well at Wigan, Savic is a still bit too inexperienced for a game of this nature and we have to play our strongest side. Would much prefer to see Richards at CB and Zaba at RB personally.

That said, is it a good time to be changing things and we don't know how Richards would do there? Oh I don't know!! :)

themadinventor said:
dctid said:
going to be a long long afternoon - would take a shit 0 - 0 draw now - cant see anything other than a Spuds win and having to ensure another media Spuds wankfest

You can't see anything but a spurs win ???, what an unbelievable statement , I'm genuinely shocked by those words we totally butchered them at WHL and we will beat them today, we are better than them full stop, I'm not saying they can't beat us because they can but it's about us and how we play, if we play to our full potential they can't touch us and neither can anyone else in this league.

i think the absemce of Yaya is massive - in my humble opinion when Yaya plays he links well with Silva his range of passing is much better than Milner - DJ or Barry, we keep the ball better and are more creative but crucially he has the ability to go past people and create space for others to exploite.

Without him what i have seen is slow ponderous stuff (Rags game being the exception) in the midfield that is hardlt ripping up trees.

I think the difference will be Bale and Modric - dont matter how good Aguero is unless we create chances for him and this is my worry

More nervous than Derby day!

If anyone on this site thinks that we have to worry about their players I would say put yourself in their shoes, I would be thinking Jesus, silva aguero balloteli dzeko joe hart Milner Barry Richards clichy etc, and Hargreaves ha

richards30 said:
I'm shitting it as well!! They've been in fire recently and well we haven't and just think they're gonna nick it 1-0 or 2-1!! Really hope I'm wrong and we get back on form again!

On fire...really? No, really? Don't fall for all that media crap about how they are in great form:

BPL 22 Dec 2011 v Chelsea (H)
1 - 1

BPL 27 Dec 2011 v Norwich (A)
0 - 2

BPL 31 Dec 2011 v Swansea (A)
1 - 1

BPL 3 Jan 2012 v West Brom (H)
1 - 0

BPL 11 Jan 2012 v Everton (H)
2 - 0

BPL 14 Jan 2012 v Wolves (H)
1 - 1

Not saying that they are not a good team but looking at their last 6 matches, should we really be bricking ourselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.