City Vs Spurs Pre Match Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City Vs Spuds Pre Match Discussion thread

Andouble said:
personally I can't see it happening, someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not sure Richards has ever been deployed as a CB under Mancini?

Richards has arguably been the best right back in the league this year, so if he is recovered from his hamstring we will need his runs down the flank to open up the attack a bit.

City would catch a nice break if the match comes too soon for Ledley King; what a freak of nature he is. Never fit and when he is fit enough to actually play I've never seen him have a bad game. Suffice to say if King is in the XI, Dzeko will probably have a quieter night than the last time the two teams met.

Definitely makes sense. Richards has been outstanding at RB this season and I tend to be a proponent of the whole "if it aint broke, don't fix it" mantra. Might be good to have that pace out in wider areas as well. Zabaleta is an extremely solid player, but I think Richards matches up better with Bale.

As far as King, would be a huge boost if he was able to go. We have an incredible record when he is in the side (pretty sure i've seen THFC6061 post the stat on here). He has to be 100% fit though, or else there is a noticeable difference in his play. I like our chances a lot more if he and Kaboul partner one another. Dawson played all 3 matches last week and, though i'm sure he could go, probably could use a rest after his long injury spell.

Its all about what we do on sunday. Play at 90 percent and above and we will be fine, but anything below that and we will struggle.

They will be up for revenge from the 5 - 1 and have decent record at the Etihad.

We have not put 2 good halves together for a while and i would like to see that addressed.

start with crisp passing and possession and take it from there.

Plus stop Bale !

Andouble said:
personally I can't see it happening, someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not sure Richards has ever been deployed as a CB under Mancini?
Only once, and when he did, he did this (skip to 6.58):

<a class="postlink" href="http://footyroom.com/manchester-city-3-1-blackburn-rovers-2010-01/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://footyroom.com/manchester-city-3- ... s-2010-01/</a>

Another Spurs fan coming in peace

Sunday's games are City v Spurs & Arsenal v United. Who would have thought a few years ago that City Spurs would be the more important game? Very refreshing for the league.

I think, like the other Spurs fans on here, our confidence of getting a result all depends on whether we see King in the starting line up or not. He is to us what Kompany is to you, Vidic is to United etc. Would like to see Kaboul line up beside him as Dawson doesn't do too well against players with quick feet, as we seen at the start of the season.

Adebayor seems have went off the boil a bit for us recently, which to be fair City fans warned us would happen. Therefore, I'm actually not too bothered about him missing this one. Defoe is chomping at the bit and is surprisingly our top goal scorer and deserves this chance IMO.

If Clichy plays, I'd pinpoint him as your weakness. I feel Walker & Lennon could cause him a lot of problems down that right hand side. Although recently Bale, VDV & Lennon have been given free roles to do what they want, a bit like how your team set up early on in the season.

My head would snatch a point now but my as a football fan you always feel in your heart that you can get all 3 points.

Should be a cracking match. I was gutted I couldn't get tickets, I've been to three Spurs matches at City but this one was too big for just members.

Re: City v Tottenham Official Matchday Thread

MadchesterCity said:
Most on here will rightly IMO be very concerned about the referee due to the injustice that City have received in the last handful of matches.

I think Spurs fans are concerned as well, lets not get in to a who's had it worse pissing match, let's just hope for a controversy free game of football.

It seems that both King and Sandro could return from fairly lengthy injuries (6 games for King, 3 for Sandro) in time for our game. Typical really, hopefully Ledley doesn't quite make it, not too worried about Sandro as he'd probably be on the bench anyway unless Spurs want to toughen up their midfield.

I don't fancy us at all without Yaya and Komps and i can see us particularly struggling in midfield where we look very pedestrian while they posess a greater athleticism and drive.
We need Nasri to play and be at his best,as i fear DJ and Barry together will be overrun and wont be able to cope with their superior mobility and pace.

Come on guys bit more positive vibes required, we are playing Spurs at home, not bloody Madrid at the Bernabau. They are without Adebayor which is a massive blow for them and the team we have should be more than enough for whatever they can throw at us.

For me

Hart
Richards, Savic, Lescott, Clichy

NDJ Milner Barry

Aguero/Nasri Silva

Dzeko

MCFC BOB said:
Andouble said:
Only once, and when he did, he did this (skip to 6.58):

<a class="postlink" href="http://footyroom.com/manchester-city-3-1-blackburn-rovers-2010-01/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://footyroom.com/manchester-city-3- ... s-2010-01/</a>
Oh my god! I can't believe I forgot this!

I was just saying the other day that I was positive Micah could still make runs from centre back, but I couldn't remember an example.

Cheers for that.

EDIT:
In fact,
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5XtmHmlbR0&hd=1[/youtube]

Re: City v Tottenham Official Matchday Thread

Your thread was posted 25 minutes too late I'm afraid.
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=245421" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=11&t=245421</a>
Playing Zabaleta in right midfield could be a master stroke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.