City Vs Spurs Pre Match Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City v Tottenham Official Matchday Thread

lionheart said:
Your thread was posted 25 minutes too late I'm afraid.
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=245421" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=11&t=245421</a>
Playing Zabaleta in right midfield could be a master stroke.

Ducado, please merge into this thread :)

Re: City Vs Spuds Pre Match Discussion thread

For this game, I'd go:
Hart
Richards Onuhua Lescott Clichy
Milner Zabaleta
Silva
Aguero Dzeko Balotelli.
If Balotelli is not 100%/off form/not interested/red card in waiting, then I'd put AJ on.
The key to beating spuds is to hound them when they have the ball. Against some teams we can sit back and wait for a mistake to counter. We can't do that against spuds, we'll get punished.

Not overly confident.. but looking forward to a great Sunday afternoon (I hope!!).

Gutted no Komps :(, been glad to see him chatting with the guys at the games though.

I'm tempted to go to the pub to watch this.. but not in Manchester these days :( - in Hitchin.. so will be heavily out numbered (by Spurs + Utd fans.. obviously..).. as a long shot, any blues watching it out in Hitchin? If so, what pub do you use?

Matt

with other club's supporters still slagging Barry and Milner (as they are on the THS forum as though the 1-5 wasn't enough proof of our side's quality), all i want for Sunday is a win with James and Gaz bossing the Spuds in the MF. 2-0 please and thanks.

MadchesterCity said:
lionheart said:
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=245421" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=11&t=245421</a>

Agree .. Make sure this thread is the recipient of the merging .. He has a 100% record with matchday threads!!

Not that I'm superstitious or anything ..

(and yes I will be wearing my 'lucky' pants on Sunday)

LoveCity said:
It seems that both King and Sandro could return from fairly lengthy injuries (6 games for King, 3 for Sandro) in time for our game. Typical really, hopefully Ledley doesn't quite make it, not too worried about Sandro as he'd probably be on the bench anyway unless Spurs want to toughen up their midfield.

If Sandro's fit I'd imagine he'll be partnered with Parker in the middle, Lennon on the right, Modric Left, with Bale floating about the place with Defoe up top alone. Actually, terrible idea, VDV will be up for this...With our squad now I'm glad I'm not Harry. Sandro may be on the bench due to fitness reasons which would make our XI easier to pick for sure.

Daveth said:
MadchesterCity said:
lionheart said:

Agree .. Make sure this thread is the recipient of the merging .. He has a 100% record with matchday threads!!

Not that I'm superstitious or anything ..

(and yes I will be wearing my 'lucky' pants on Sunday)

Superman pants?

spurspinter1 said:
LoveCity said:
It seems that both King and Sandro could return from fairly lengthy injuries (6 games for King, 3 for Sandro) in time for our game. Typical really, hopefully Ledley doesn't quite make it, not too worried about Sandro as he'd probably be on the bench anyway unless Spurs want to toughen up their midfield.

If Sandro's fit I'd imagine he'll be partnered with Parker in the middle, Lennon on the right, Modric Left, with Bale floating about the place with Defoe up top alone. Actually, terrible idea, VDV will be up for this...With our squad now I'm glad I'm not Harry. Sandro may be on the bench due to fitness reasons which would make our XI easier to pick for sure.

I would think about playing Sandro, if fit, and dropping Parker to the bench. I wasn't convinced on his last performance that Scotty is fully recovered from his injury. If Sandro is ready i'd be tempted to put him with Modric in the middle.

LedleyKing said:
spurspinter1 said:
LoveCity said:

I would think about playing Sandro, if fit, and dropping Parker to the bench. I wasn't convinced on his last performance that Scotty is fully recovered from his injury. If Sandro is ready i'd be tempted to put him with Modric in the middle.

If your come and be solid as a team you have a better chance of getting a result, if it's the all out attacking spurs team I fancy us scoring 3 or 4 goals....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.